Turbocompressor housings?????

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a while back a few guys odered bigger compressor housings for their turbos and wheels on here. I was wondering what the results were and also how much it cost and wich member was the one that I could contact for information. Any help is great.

Thanks.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I supplied those.

My dad has a 1991 ford 7.3L we added the ats turbo kit and upgrade housing and down pipe on the exhaust. We were wondering if you could do something for us on the compressor side. He is going to add an intercooler and he doesnt plan on running much more than 12psi on his newly built motor. Do you offer a compressor side that would get to the 12psi faster? Im not sure what would be best but I remeber you guys messing around with the compressor side at one time and I was wondering if it helps? Also can you still get the parts? Lastly if so what abouts would they cost?

James

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typ4 sold me a 60-1 compressor side, and it did make a difference in performance. Not as big as I had hoped, but still noticable. I'm not the best example because I have a none wastegated turbocharger and my injector pump being old probably doesn't help much either.

From what I heard, the same upgrade will bolt onto your turbocharger and work even better.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did it cost? Do you have any part numbers?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The parts and machine work is about 300.00 If i get your housing and backplate to machine. If we get a slip on housing instead af the Oring surface and a new backplate it is about 50 more.
It isnt a direct bolt on but I have it in my truck and it gives me good low speed boost.
I am not making but a couple bucks on the parts so let me know if you need some stuff.;Sweet
Here is a pic of the wheel size difference

Attachments

• wheel diff.jpg
    wheel diff.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger