Turbo rebuilder

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok like a dummy I deleted the info I had on rebuilds. I was thinking of doing it myself but with the recent developments(broken leg) getting around is a bit of a pain. If anyone here knows of a good rebuilder please let me know.:dunno

Mine is a factory turbo

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would think that any local semi-truck shop would be able to do it for you. I would just make sure to pick a clean one with lots of business, so that you know they now what they are doing.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ, check your phone book for stanadyne dealers. I don't know if yours do it, but my pump rebuilder also does turbos.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BJ, check your phone book for stanadyne dealers. I don't know if yours do it, but my pump rebuilder also does turbos.

well the closest dealer to us is in Montgomery Al , called them and they dont rebuild just sell new. figures

Mel may have to get your guy to do it nobody around here fools with them the shops in atlanta I found only want to fix the rice burning turbos for the cars:dunno or the truck shops only the big turbos grrrrrrrrr

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ron's Turbo on ebay sells kits where you can rebuild and send your center section in and get it balanced as well, or he also rebuilds pretty cheap. I've heard nothing but good about him so far.

---------Robert

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
There's a torbo shop in Charlotte. If you need their phone # let me know, I have at my office.
Chuck

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont mind shipping, Majestic Turbo in Waco Tx is supposed to be a good shop. http://www.majesticturbo.com/

Thanks for the link and the info Just talked to them. The guy I talked with was very knowledgable and helpful. He seamed to be interested in working on it unlike others I have called.

One place I called said if there was much play in the shaft it could not be fixed at allcookoo :idiot:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the info Just talked to them. The guy I talked with was very knowledgable and helpful. He seamed to be interested in working on it unlike others I have called.

One place I called said if there was much play in the shaft it could not be fixed at allcookoo :idiot:

A friend of mine told me about them. He said they are good. I haven't used them for anything yet. I just bought a used wastegated Banks Sidewinder and a lot of the small stuff was missing. So I am trying to use the manual I downloaded to figure out what all I need. When I get all of it, I might see about having them rebuild it just to be sure.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo

J & H Diesel Service - J & H Turbo Service
Greenville, Mississippi USA
Diesel Fuel Injection and Turbocharger sales, service and repair for
all major makes and models of diesel engines. Toll Free in USA
800-826-5566
Local and International
662-378-8711
AMBAC, ATS, BOSCH, CAV/LUCAS, CAT, CUMMINS, DETROIT DIESEL, EMD, GARRETT, HOLSET, NIPPONDENSO, RACOR/SENTINEL, SCHWITZER/BORG WARNER, STANADYNE, WANER-ISHI, YANMAR, ZEXEL

Thats Who I used, They were quick and reasionable.
Good Luck
John