turbo rebuild

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that some here have said that rebuilding a turbo is not all that hard. I have a stock ATS turbo. Where would one go to find the rebuild kits or parts to do this with. Any help and guidiance would be greatly appreciated.
:dunno

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I rebuilt my banks a few years ago (another truck) I bought the rebuild off ebay, not sure what they have for ATS but might be worth looking. -Brad-

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could talk directly with ATS or maybe with one of the turbo rebuild shops. If you know what you're doing and all it needs is the shaft seals and bearings(turbo kit) it might be a good way to save $150-300. Okie ****** also rebuilt his own ATS, except his is the non gated variety. You might ask him where he got parts. Seems to have worked out well for him. Good luck,
J.D.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the kit from a turbo shop down in Mississippi, can't remember the name, it was like J&S Turbo?

$64 for the kit, way too easy of a job, nothing to it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you guys get too carried away with DIY turbo rebuilds, keep in mind the RPM's the wheel is spinning and what happens if it is out of balance and the blades are "shelled". (hint....it goes downstream from the turbo)
If you can't afford a full-on rebuild, then send the center section into a rebuilder like the above guy and be able to rest easy. There's a few members who have done it and it worked....do you want to be the first for the problems to happen?

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My feelings too. Assess the risk and decide if you want to spend the money on the turbo or the engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726