turbo question

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i would be curious to see some gages showing pressure loss or gain in between the two turbos to see if the first smaller one restricts in higher rpm's. could you have a reverse wastgate to let extra air in after the smaller one but before the larger one incase it ever pulls a vacume between them.

sorry jsut thinking out load here.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
i need to know the math for the boost coefficiencies i also need to know what the maximum boost a 7.3 IDI can withstand and what to do to ensure it like ARP head studs for example i am open to ANY suggestions i will be incorporating either methanol or propane injection and mainly utilizing WMO for my main mileage fuel and only highway diesel to light the fires and only until i kick the tires than i will switch to the WMO I like big power but i don't need the black smoke i also want to avoid the WMO smell

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I remember the days leading up to the release of the 6.4, they argued for weeks over the terminology for the turbo system, before they finally settled on dual turbo(despite the name already having been out there), yet it took Mel 10 seconds to decide.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL I guess the variable pitch turbo on the 6.0 didn't work out too good since they didn't re-use that idea. I'll also agree that compound turbo describes a sequential system of differing sizes, where as dual may better describe sequentials of equal size.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
LOL I guess the variable pitch turbo on the 6.0 didn't work out too good since they didn't re-use that idea. I'll also agree that compound turbo describes a sequential system of differing sizes, where as dual may better describe sequentials of equal size.

One of the 6.4 PSD turbo's is a VGT turbo if I remember right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim