Turbo party.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Well, this is kind of short notice, but a buddy of mine needs exhaust for his diesel. I need to reconfigure mine for a turbo and lift kit. So I want to sell him my custom bent tail pipes and my 3" y-pipe for his truck. That means I need some exhaust, so I guess the used turbo goes on. Along w/ the rear lift kit and class5 triler hitch so I can have the tailpipes made properly.

Question is, what else do I need or should I get. Do I need intake gaskets and valley pan? I want the drail grommet not to leak. My injectors are leaking, so a return line kit is a must. The truck is a dog right now, my 87 extended cab w/ a 6.9/c6 and 3.54 is much faster than the 93 crew cab, 4wd, 4.10, 5 speed. Could it just be timing, or is the ip going south. Its always been like this since I got it, no its not a new issue. Need to get a Banks adapter for a RDT and eliminate the cdr. Should I replace injectors? Is there a big difference between turbo fuel parts and non turbo parts? I know I need gauges, any recomendation? I'm leaning toward all electric, that way I'm not messing with mechanical gauges, but I want them accurate.

So... anybody want to help? I'm thinking in 2 weekends March 31. No, I wont have my kids, your welcome to bring yours. Pleanty of stuff to play with. Wives and girlfriends can come over and cook for us and ***** about us. haha just kidding. This is only tenative, so lets hear some feedback.

thanks,
John

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I can't make it yet but if You decide to move it a couple weekends later I'm IN.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I'll be happy to come over and stain your driveway.:D Pencil us in. (yep, probably all 4 plus the 6 lbs of white fur.) You said wife and gf are welcome to come. Steph just asked me how many gf's I have and planned to bring with us!:rotflmao

All right...my $.02

Isspro gauges or Autometer if you want to save a few bucks. I have Isspro boost and EGT and think they are much nicer than my AM gauges.

Any idea of miles on the injectors? If you are unsure, i would replace 'em. You will probably see a huge difference. You are doing returns anyway. Besides after that ATS is on they are a ***** to get to. What consition are the glow plugs in?

No valley pan needed. Just need to get the correct grommet from ATS. Actually I am going to order one for my bleeding truck in the next couple days (OK, after R&R deposits a severence check) so I can get one for you also.

Get the Banks adapter (under $30) for the RDT.

I can bring my portable "hot wrench" if you think it will help.

Grab a cheap scissor type jack from a trade at work, just in case we need to massage the firewall.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I need to move the date. Gotta work that weekend. Maybe 1 or 2 weekend afterwards. Since the injectors are a PITA w/ the turbo on, should I install a new IP? I'm a firm believer in 1 mod at a time, to try to control problems. But I'm leaning to doing everything at once. I got some dough, and I think should do it all.

Joe, get me one of those grommets.

I was leaning towards doing the gauges at a later date. Where is the cheapest place to get Isspro?

I'll probably have most of it apart on Friday night (whichever one it will be) so Saturday will be a breeze.

"You said wife and gf are welcome to come. Steph just asked me how many gf's I have and planned to bring with us! "

Joe, if you can bring more than one, U da man!

I've got a 10 ton porta-power, so massaging the firewall will be no problem. I might even install some heat shields from the Crown Vic cop car recall, just for fun.
John

pafixitman

Reaction score
Joe, get me one of those grommets.

I was leaning towards doing the gauges at a later date. Where is the cheapest place to get Isspro?

"You said wife and gf are welcome to come. Steph just asked me how many gf's I have ad planned to bring with us! "

Joe, if you can bring more than one, U da man!

John

You know me and have met Steph. "In a mason jar on the mantle." Has been her statement for over 13 years!

OK on th grommet.

Try egauges.com. I got mine from Ken. Oh, just get them when you order the new IP.:D

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I ain't getting a pump from Ken. Too leary on customer service. I'm going to Diesel Pro in Glen Rock. Got an IP for my 87 and its been fine.
John

P.S. The mason jar only comes into play if you get caught!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Isspro is located in Portland Oregon and they have a web site. I like their EV gages and the electrical works better than the mechanical. I really don't like hot oil in the drivers compartment.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
ATS Valley Pan Grommet

Joe

If you can't get the grommet from ATS (which you probably won't be able to) try Central Motive Power in Albuquerque. Ryan Eklund just bought a few from them a couple of weeks ago. He tried ATS with no luck. Their number is 1-800-782-2525.

Tom

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Joe

If you can't get the grommet from ATS (which you probably won't be able to) try Central Motive Power in Albuquerque. Ryan Eklund just bought a few from them a couple of weeks ago. He tried ATS with no luck. Their number is 1-800-782-2525.

Tom

is this the solid grommet or what are we talking about?

SKimballC

Reaction score
John, which turbo you putting in? If you're putting on the older ATS turbo, the grommet's not the same as the later model like Joe's. Ryan found the grommets for the old turbo at the place Tom mentioned.
Just seeing how many names I could drop in a post.LOL

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Don't know how old the turbo is? Should be a bolt in deal to a stock 93 F350. Any pointers?
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I'd definitely do the IP and injectors at the same time. Nothing beats a new fuel system AND a turbo going on at the same time. ;Sweet

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i should be able to swing down and help out, i would like to see how this is done anyway.

i will have to check with my girlfriend (singular):D but it should be fine.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Don't know how old the turbo is? Should be a bolt in deal to a stock 93 F350. Any pointers?
John

Oh, my bad, that's not clear at all. What I meant by older=nonwastegated 088, and newer=wastegated/factory 093. None of the grommets or seals for the nonwastegated turbo are still available from ATS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online