Turbo ooops ~

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the last four years collecting bits & pieces for a turbo install on my rebuild project. Bead blasted and cleaned everything. Painted some stuff and ceramic coated the hot side parts. Problem is, over the years I didn't look too closely at the pictures! :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

My intake hat is bass-ackwards! It curves around in a counterclockwise direction and the ATS hat curves around in a clockwise direction! :eek: Now I've got to find a new hat. Anybody got one for sale or know of one?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent the last four years collecting bits & pieces for a turbo install on my rebuild project. Bead blasted and cleaned everything. Painted some stuff and ceramic coated the hot side parts. Problem is, over the years I didn't look too closely at the pictures! :rolleyes:

My intake hat is bass-ackwards! It curves around in a counterclockwise direction and the ATS hat curves around in a clockwise direction! :eek: Now I've got to find a new hat. Anybody got one for sale or know of one?

The solution is clearly evident....TURN IT INSIDE OUT.... LOL

No the solution is to get an IC and intercool it and stop fussin about that little um hickup...

Just Sayin...

Time to IC

IMHO

Al

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yeah it's either cool that intake charge (wouldn't that be nice) or get with type4 and get the correct hat.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez! This is a tough crowd. LOL

Actually, I thought (kinda briefly) about adding an IC. The cost and time are some things I gotta think about. I haven't looked at IC pieces/parts to get an idea of what's really needed. This was sort of a "finish it up and get it back on the road" thing.

I'll definitely contact Russ and see if he's got anything that'll work. Thanks!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hats are a spendy item.. Just call one of the big three turbo makers and ask... Sorry... I don't have a spare one like many would have thought about me being a spare parts hoarder...

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hats are a spendy item.. Just call one of the big three turbo makers and ask... Sorry... I don't have a spare one like many would have thought about me being a spare parts hoarder...
You don't have one??? I'm shocked! :eek: :eek: :eek: Seriously, thanks for checking. I guess I'm about to find out just how spendy these puppies are.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The solution is clearly evident....TURN IT INSIDE OUT.... LOL

Just Sayin...

IMHO

Al
I don't know, Al.... I don't think it's working out like you thought it would......

I'll let it sit overnight. Maybe it'll settle.....

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which turbo kit do you have?
ATS 093. In pieces right now. The center housing and cold side were bead blasted, cleaned and painted Rustoleum Charcoal Gray (same as the engine). The turbine housing and DP were bead blasted, cleaned and painted with Tech Line's Black Satin. The wheels were microbalanced by The Turbo Shop in Shreveport. And the hard-to-find mounting kit was provided by Russ Mathis. :D Gotta tell ya, except for the hat, it's looking really good! ;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
ATS 093. In pieces right now. The center housing and cold side were bead blasted, cleaned and painted Rustoleum Charcoal Gray (same as the engine). The turbine housing and DP were bead blasted, cleaned and painted with Tech Line's Black Satin. The wheels were microbalanced by The Turbo Shop in Shreveport. And the hard-to-find mounting kit was provided by Russ Mathis. :D Gotta tell ya, except for the lack of an intercooler, it's looking really good! ;Sweet

Fixed it for ya.:slyLOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online