Turbo ooops ~

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pm me for the right hat, will take that one on partial trade. But you gotta get that gray paint off first. :rotflmao JK

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, Al.... I don't think it's working out like you thought it would......

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll let it sit overnight. Maybe it'll settle.....

Thats funny S***T rightthere.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just get some pipe and silicone hoses and make a nice little loop pipe. Then it's all setup for when you do get an intercooler. :D

Seriously, take a look at frozen boost air to water coolers - much less modification required to install one and fairly cheap too, probably comparable to what a new intake hat would run. At worst just put the intercooler unit on and plumb the air side and do the water side later. Doubtful you'd get much flow loss and it wouldn't be too hard to do.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the same hat on a banks turbo, just use a 2" OD aluminum pipe. I cut my pipe diagonally, rotated it, and welded it to make it a 90° elbow tight enough to make the bend...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IC off ebay maybe 200 bucks...

Tube kit...maybe 150-200 bucks...

Just do the IC and gain the cooler EGT and COOLNESS factor for your eloquent solution...

How did that hat flip work out...did it settle in yet?

I freakin burst out ***** and almost sent my laptop to floor LOL so hard ....

Quite funny Thanks I needed that!

Just sayin...IC IC IC IC as do a few others

Al

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IC off ebay maybe 200 bucks...

Tube kit...maybe 150-200 bucks...

Just do the IC and gain the cooler EGT and COOLNESS factor for your eloquent solution...
Actually, that's the long range plan. Need to do some research about size and mounting and suppliers. (oh yeah, and PRICE) The time and $$$ invested would more than pay off in the years to come. And since this is gonna be my DD for a long time, this makes sense.

How did that hat flip work out...did it settle in yet?
Not too well. Hardly any settling. I think it's gonna take more time than I can afford. :rolleyes:

Russ has come up with a hat ( :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up ), so I'll be able to get the [project back on track. ;Sweet

I freakin burst out ***** and almost sent my laptop to floor LOL so hard ....

Quite funny Thanks I needed that!

Just sayin...IC IC IC IC as do a few others

Al
Yeah, I get the hint..... :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel, who goes by agnem here made up an ebay intercooler that really looks and works great on his moose truck. The intercooler seller is about 15 miles from my home too...:sly

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gary! I'll email Mel and ask him about the particulars of his setup. Gotta tell ya, the help available on this list is what's making the difference between a 'hangar queen' and a daily driver. Shared knowledge (you, Mel and others), shared parts (Russ), shared genius (Al, Goose, Argve, jaluhn, RHKC) is what keeps our trucks on the road decades after most folks would have moved on to something newer.

Wouldn't trade for nuthin'!