turbo gone

westroke

Ford stroker
Reaction score
first trip in this truck and the dam thing blow up

its got the Cummins ISM and there is only one turbo in Canada for it so I will be down for about 48 hrs :mad: -cuss

at least I got a raise befor this trip :Sly

Steve ;Sweet

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
1st trip? u mean a new 1 shelled the huffer, or this 1 is new to you?

I know the Cat ACERTS are ******* turbo bolts, but never heard a thing about the Cummins.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The ISM is a common engine I'am surprised they are having problems getting a turbo the turbo I stuck on a 6v92 in a gravel truck was in stock the next day. It was a miserable SOB to change because the turbo sits on a real small pedistal and you have to try get the turbo adjusted so the outlet and the intake manifold is just right so the hose that joins the two fits right.

The problem with the ISM is guys get them rated for 400hp which is way too much for a small block engine. With them cranking power the power they are working too hard. A ISM should be only really putting out 330 hp with 370hp max with light gross.

westroke

Ford stroker
Reaction score
this one is 425hp and I got 38,000 in the box of a 53' refer

that is one small looking turbo it looks the size of my ford

with any luck I will be on the road by noon :rotflmao

Steve ;Sweet

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
A M-11 rated at 425 is way too much I have a feeling you will be eating up the turbo again in no time. I hope you don't own this truck because its spec'ed wrong it should have a N-14 putting out that kind of power.

Like meantioned already 370hp is about the most you want to pull out of a M-11.

I know a few guys that run tractors with M-11s and come to thinking about it one of the guys says his truck has ate a couple turbo's. They gross anywhere 80,000-90,000 pulling ****** trailers carrying grocery store supplies like meat ice cream etc.