Something's gone sideways at Gearhead?

Ferdy Mint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2019 I called Gearhead Tunes several times for the first 7.3 I tuned. Later after getting info, I purchased updated tunes from them to address a shifting issue where I was getting a double throttle chop instead of one chop. It was great to be able to talk to the guy who writes the tunes. I'm very happy with their tunes now on my 2000 F250 with Rosewood 238cc and 4R100. The shifting is flawless, EGTs are low, and not much smoke. I don't want to roll coal.

So I thought of them when the time came to tune another truck.

It's like a different company all of the sudden. Nobody answers the phone. You just stay on hold forever, no matter which option you try, give up. Try again tomorrow, same thing. Lather rinse repeat. So I emailed today and asked when their phone lines will be open again. I got an answer in 4 minutes saying they were kinda busy, can I ask my question via email. They think email is faster than a phone call? Whatever. As soon as I mentioned I was tuning a 6.0 they started saying, in every message, that they don't tune for deleted trucks. In every message even if it was only me asking when will their phones be open again.

Did GH get busted or something? They sure are acting different. Anyway, I'm guess I'm gonna try another tuner instead this time. And probably will try jellibuilt for my next 7.3 in a couple months. GH was acting too weird today. Something has gone sideways. Too bad, they were great in the past.