TURBO COMPRESSOR HOUSING...OOPS

Torinojts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a valve cover leaking bad on the passenger side under the turbo on a stock IDIT. he called me up to come over and help remove the turbo as he said it was stuck (not very well mechanically inclined). I would not make it to his place for several days so he tried to remove it and did. by the time I got to his place he some how broke the intake hat along with the turbo compressor housing(not just a chunk broke out but broke it apart in multiple pieces). I have a used top hat laying around he can have. my question is where can you find a new Compressor housing? He wants to add a CAC so instead of putting a factory housing back on we could find a different one that was meant to accept a 3" hose. this may have been discussed before but I could not find it anywhere about installing an aftermarket compressor housing on. Some guys shouldn't touch tools and he is one of them.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got new and upgraded housings through Garrett and turbonetics. I would pull the cover off and make sure the wheel isn’t damaged

Torinojts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did pull apart the housing and there was no damage to the wheel. Sounds great, I will let him know. now would be a good time to put on a wicked wheel as well.