trucks just not the same

Will

Reaction score
i had ip pump put on now the power is just the same as it was befor. what to do about that?? also the cold start is not working right plunger is no where to where it was befor

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Needs timed would be my guess. Who serviced the pump

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
like asked above, where did you get the pump from. when i put a "new" pump on my truck i never got the "holy new IP batman" feeling. turns out i got a POS rebuild.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad timming would be my guess most don't think you have to time cause factory spec is 2 degrees off of correct or it can they say I found it should be set right if your want power an mpg.

Will

Reaction score
it is a rebuild pump and no they did not reset the timeing. i asked them when i picked the truck up adavanced mechanical here in town.i drive maybe 8 to 9 miles to work if that i put 20 bucks in the truck that is 5 gal or right at it. two days and tank was dry. guess its going back to the shop

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Clearly the timing is retarded. If they timed it you need to ask how they did it. Some are telling us they do it by ear... Thats not going to work at all. Some use the luminosity probe methos and most here will use the clampon timing probe which has been about the fastest and bestos way of timing these engines by far.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
what plunger are you talking about, the one that controls idle can be adjusted, If the pump was installed it needs timed, lineing up the factory marks will not tell you anything

Why did you replace the ip?

Will

Reaction score
the plunger thing on the cold start to the ip. a shop here in town put the pump on

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
there are two plunger things in the cold start circuit one is on the driver side and the other is towards the fan on the front side. again why was the pump replaced

Will

Reaction score
one on the passnger side old pump was leaking fule bad will take pics when i get off work

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I'll ask my grandpa who he uses for his pumps. He has his rebuilt in Louisville and has really good luck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably Diesel Injection Service.

Likely timing as stated, but, how about the injectors?

I'm going to host a mini IDI meet at this year's TS Performace Diesel Outlaw event here in Bowling Green. Gary (icanfixall) has generously offered a timing meter for use at this mini meet. I've used them before and we could certainly time it then. But, that's not until May. Regardless, I'd love to meet you there and see your rig.

Heath

Will

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
what is this and what's it for??
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
testing

Forum statistics