Truck wont start after driving it

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my truck inspected yesterday. Today I was driving and stalled it in second gear it wouldnt.start back up. I had to get my dad to tow me home we charged the batteries. I finally got it started after awhile we took it out and beat the hell out of it for a little bit. I got in the driveway shut it off and tried starting it and it just keeps cranking and wont start some one please help me. :frustrate

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You should really invest in a autoenginuity.
Check some thing out and report back. Fuel level in tanks, fuel level in filter, oil level in pan, oil level in hpop, cps age, fuel filter age, ICP sensor have oil in it, any difference with ICP unplugged?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should really invest in a autoenginuity.
Check some thing out and report back. Fuel level in tanks, fuel level in filter, oil level in pan, oil level in hpop, cps age, fuel filter age, ICP sensor have oil in it, any difference with ICP unplugged?

I checked the ICP it made no difference besides idling a little higher. Hpop I cant check the screw stripped. CPS was only a year old the owner said I tried to replace it today and it seemed worse and no oil in icp I cleaned some connectors today with the crc electronic connector cleaner.

New things I put on the truck fuel lines, Fuel filter twice, oil changed, GPR, Fuel bowl assembly, Fuel tank pickup, starter relay, ignition, inline fuel filter just a clamp on one, air filter, fuel pump and I think that's it besides trying to replace the cps and an oil pan. Also when driving the truck it runs great has no hesitation or trouble only thing is the fuel filter light came on and off a few times.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Did you ever disable the fuel heater?
Any check engine light when it's running?
I would start with the fuel filter light coming on.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever disable the fuel heater?
Any check engine light when it's running?
I would start with the fuel filter light coming on.

Yes I took the wire off of the fuel heater and unplugged it I only have the metal plate in the base should I try unplugging the water in fuel sensor. Well I just put a brand new filter in today the light came on and went off came on went off then stayed off.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The sensor could possibly just be bad.
Did you drain the bowl when you changed the filter? Could be some junk in there.
When you put the fuel tank pickups in, did you clean out the tanks?

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensor could possibly just be bad.
Did you drain the bowl when you changed the filter? Could be some junk in there.
When you put the fuel tank pickups in, did you clean out the tanks?

I drained the tank but I dont think I got everything out I put a inline fuel filter in and that has allot of dirt in it its one of those clear ones. I came outside its kind of cool out and turned the key waited and cranked it fired up then shut off.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Die you see if the filter up top is still full of fuel when it dies?
Also play with the harness where it runs over the drivers side valve cover. It's a common spot for chaffing.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't check it yet taking it apart as we speak I'm taking the fuel bowl out

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piece of rubber fuel line came out of my fpr spring housing

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screen was clean also my ipr I can't get apart the one you use a screw driver on comes up and jams I can't un thread it anymore also where the screw driver goes is all mangled

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Could be something with the ipr then, but the piece in the fpr was definitely a problem.