Truck **** - New paint!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pressure tank (actually an old fire extinguisher) that I half fill with hydraulic fluid and use compressed air to squirt it out a copper tube. This will shoot it six feet, easy to get into door pillars, fenders,etc. This year I used my cheap paint gun (siphon feed) to do most of it, found a LOT less dripping and better coverage. I have used an old oil furnace pump with a 1/4 hp electric motor for a sprayer... that works well also. You just have to be within range of electrical power.

The process is pretty easy. Coat everything with oil. Start with the underside and work your way up! ;Really
Awesome! Thank you for the info ;Sweet I have to ask, given that I'm in California...how do you go about collecting overspray that drips off? The treehuggers won't take very kindly to hydraulic fluid getting on the ground, although maybe the lanolin stuff is biodegradable and wouldn't be a problem?

Getting up in to the nooks and crannies is important...I'm more worried about salt air than salt being kicked up from the roads. My extended-cab is beyond hope at this point; this is mostly for future reference...

A nice color of blue.... Ron will be pleased, don't think he has used that particular shade..... yet
Careful...Ron may accept that challenge ;)

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't help drips much. When I sprayed using the siphon feed paint gun there was almost no drips. I still used my squirt wand for hard to reach places so you will get some. I spray in my back forty, then park the truck nose high for a few hours, then turn it around so the ass is up. After that, take her for a rip down a dirt road. Dust will fix things up. Only other option would be to move.cookoo

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of FF, how does it hold up when sprayed under the truck? Personally I like the smell, and I like that it actually sticks to stuff. Seems it woudl create a nice barrier on everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online