Truck Going Up For Sale

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Hey guys... I know it's been awhile since I've posted or even been on here, but I've been busying trying to work and maintain a "family life" while 500 miles from home. It looks like the only way to get caught up financially is to sacrifice the truck for the sake of the family and myself. I'd like to see it go to someone that will take care of it, so I'm offering it up to IDI members first. Most of you know what I've done to it and what it is, but feel free to ask in this thread or PM me with any questions or offers. I'm not sure what to ask for it since the truck is kinda "priceless" to me, but I was thinking about putting it on CL for about $4,000 just so that I can go down on the price as needed. I can always go down, but it's almost impossible to go up if I post it too low. What do you guys think I should list it for? :dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey Kenneth,
That really sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm even considering selling one of mine just because I need the money and don't really need the extra truck anymore.
Good luck to you. You're truck is very nice. I think $4000 is more than fair for it.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i hate to see you have to do this cause its such a nice truck. and i might be interested just have to make a couple phone calls.

Hybrid455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I know it's been awhile since I've posted or even been on here, but I've been busying trying to work and maintain a "family life" while 500 miles from home. It looks like the only way to get caught up financially is to sacrifice the truck for the sake of the family and myself. I'd like to see it go to someone that will take care of it, so I'm offering it up to IDI members first. Most of you know what I've done to it and what it is, but feel free to ask in this thread or PM me with any questions or offers. I'm not sure what to ask for it since the truck is kinda "priceless" to me, but I was thinking about putting it on CL for about $4,000 just so that I can go down on the price as needed. I can always go down, but it's almost impossible to go up if I post it too low. What do you guys think I should list it for? :dunno

Tough deal man. Good looking truck. Seems when I'm looking to buy everythings high and then when I get it all fixed up and have to sell everyone thinks they ought to be able to buy it for nothin. You'll never replace that truck for 4 grand, don't give it away. Good luck.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I understand that you need the money and props for putting family needs first BUT that truck is worth more than $4K!!!! I think more along the line of $5,500 or $6K!!!

If I would have seen that when I was looking I would snatched it up quick.

I also agree that you wont replace that with anything reliable for $4k......

Just my two cents.

Thad

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I thought about asking more for it, but I thought throwing a price of 5-6K would be being "greedy". I had about 8 emails between last night and this afternoon. I thought it'd take longer to sell it, but it looks like it'll go pretty quick.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
IMHO, its a pretty rare deal being a 1985 CC, highboy, turboed and 35's. I really wish that I could get it.......not to mention the low miles.

The right buyer might pay better than $5K.

I am wishing that I wasnt leaving the country for a awhile.....it would be nice to trade mine off and get that!!!

Thad

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Have two more "local" buyers coming to look at it this weekend when I get home.

I accually had a guy email me wondering if I'd trade straight across for a '83 F150 standard cab 2WD with a 351cid and auto transmission! ***?!? I tried not to be rude in the email back, but was unable to...