Truck Died this morning....Any ideas?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better fuel milage and increased trap times make sense to a point.....You don't notice the slowly degrading performance untill it craps out but notice a big difference when a new part is put in, same goes for many sensors on gassers, especially the O2 sensor. As far as the rest is concernedcookoo I guess the ***** enhancement and hair growth come from having a bigger ego with a better running truck;Really :peelout

T466E and I think it was also on the T444E...I saw them on powerstrokeshop.com for $84.....For $90 - $100 I'll get a couple at the Navistar dealer which is close to me and save the shipping and gorrilla UPS handeling. Throw one on so I'm off to a good start seeing this is prolly the most common problem after several weeks of reading up on the PSD, and throw the one I take off and the spare in the glove box. Already keep an emergency tool kit in the IDI that will get transferred.;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better fuel milage and increased trap times make sense to a point.....

Nobody has been able to prove it.

You don't notice the slowly degrading performance untill it craps out but notice a big difference when a new part is put in,

The CPS is a Hall Effect sensor, there is no degrading to it, it works or it dont. It sees 1's and 0's.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CPS is a Hall Effect sensor, there is no degrading to it, it works or it dont. It sees 1's and 0's.

Hmmmm, Hall Effect sensors are about idiot proof, you gotta wonder what's killing them:confused: the actual sensor breaking or the amplifier circuitry going bad or a connector breaking inside the housing. Vibration is most likely the cause IMHO. Mabey get a chance to gut a bad one someday to see what's really going on inside the plastic.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta be heat or vibration or the combination of the two that takes them out BUT............. some guys cant get 50K out of one, others have reported 150-200K on the original unit.

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Gotta be heat or vibration or the combination of the two that takes them out BUT............. some guys cant get 50K out of one, others have reported 150-200K on the original unit.

I don't hear of to many people in this area changing them after they change the factory one. Is the factory one a cheaper unit? If it is that is stupid because most fail under warranty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
IIRC the blue CPS was designated for the 466. There has been tons of debate, dispute, ******* matches, arguments and name calling sessions over the reported benefits of the blue CPS, everything from increased mileage, better trap times, longer life out of the unit and one guy even said it made his hair grow back and added length to his *****.

The absolute downright dirtiest and cheapest place to pick up a CPS is on ebay, lots of vendors will claim that the only way the CPS can be sold as cheaply as it is on ebay is if it is stolen stock from a dealership. You can usually pick up a CPS there for 60-70 clams. Powerstrokeshop.com frequently has them on sale for the mid 80 dollar range. Your local IH truck shop will have them in the 90-100 dollar range usually as well.

Just got 2 off ebay for 78.00. Hope this is the problem.

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
Kinda leaning toward the Equus 3130 http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3389&mfrcode=EQU&mfrpartnumber=3130

Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)

Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4

I wouldnt be too worried about being able to pull the U codes if I were you. The guys at the Ford Tech Hotline just disregard any of those codes. Those codes are so erroneous. The reason is because they are usually caused by a module not being seen on the buss, and thats usually a module not powering up or a miscommunication between two modules. However all the other codes will do you great justice. That is a good price for what it is capable of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726