Travelette Replacement!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Well i need a tow rig while i'm doing the bodywork on the travelette, so what else would i use??? Nothing but a IH IDI powered ferd! ;Sweet scored this beast to the tune of $1000! :D:thumbsup: It just rolled 300,000 miles on the truck, the 6.9 was replaced with a 7.3. it's coupled to a C6 that i think is getting tired, sometimes it shifts hard, sometimes it's soft... cookoo:dunno going to try a shift kit, fluid, filter and maybe a splash of lucas trans fix. has a 5th wheel hitch in the bed too, although i don't own one, sooo i won't ever use it. it was stickered up so much i couldn't see out the rear window. since i owned it this morning i threw on a set of wagon wheels and mud tires, lost the stickers and bug visor thing. the yellow light amuses me to no end so i left that, and if i fill the tank the air horn gives 3 good blasts! :rotflmao i also aired the air bags in the back allll the way up so it sits like a drag car, but i think the rear wheels come off the ground when i hit a crack in the road so i'm deflating those tomorrow. the GPs are on a push button, going to the junkyard for a controller and the bullet wiring for beru's tomorrow. it has a 70 rear and HD50 ttb front. unsure of gearing, door code is G3, but i couldn't find it online. also going to lose the stacks....in favor of a turbo! :D i have a bell housing, probably going to track down the pedal assembly, flywheel, and a 4 speed asap.

Attachments

• f250.jpg
    f250.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 79

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Freakin eh, nice score. I don't see a whole lot of rust on it. You're gonna do all that on a *temporary* rig? You've got some motivation brother!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The shifts are a vacuum leak. Mine does that. If it shifts hard and the brakes are to then then start looking. LOL

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
The shifts are a vacuum leak. Mine does that. If it shifts hard and the brakes are to then then start looking. LOL

brake light? that was flashing, the brakes work great, all new lines and hoses, and new fuel tank lines!!! I also notice it holds the gear long before it shifts, then it seems like it always wants to downshift.

flareside...i don't know if that's a compliment or not...? LOL

where's that place jason??

thanks guys i think it'll be pretty good!

Last edited:

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Brakes pedal hard when it shifts hard?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice score Jon;Sweet I will be in the market for a 5er hitch before rally time. keep me posted if your'e letting it go