Travelette Replacement!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
its on 895 just north of cabelas outside of new ringold. they have a few idi's in there. no turbos though...i almost scored a ZF5 pto setup but when i crawled under the truck it was split in half-cuss-cuss-cuss

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
thats the yard i got a complete 5 speed setup out of. took me 1.5 hrs to get everything. oh and btw, 125 bucks for it all.....

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Good deal, too! I hope she treats you as well as you are going to treat her.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I figured out the trans, the vacuum thing controls the trans on the i/p was hooked up backwards so the trans was freaking out. i did manage to replace the tired spring on the kickdown too. i would like to get rid of the push button gp's and replace the controller like the one i saw mel was trying. if it's hacked up through i'd probably be better off running the 7.3 style. i kinda like the C6 now that it shifts nice. i'll see if i pull the parts off i'll keep you in mind John! i'm going to throw the turbo on it off coreys crawler to help it towing. ;Sweet i'll probably use one of the stacks as a sidepipe or something, low budget build here!!! i have that 4.10 60, and a front dana 70 with 4.10's up the back of the garage. maybe i'll pull the gears out and put them in the rear 70 in the truck. i see a cracked spring in the rear, gotta see if i can find one.

ohh and i have a wrecker bumper behind my garage.....hmmm

here's a picture. more to come! :D

Attachments

• 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 21

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
the tach is dead too, if i get the rpm's up it kind of shivers around. is there any tests i can do to see what the issue is? what shift kits do you guys use in a C6? i saw a few kits for like $22 online. how hard are they in the C6? is there a write up? i did a E4ohno kit, and 727 and they were pretty easy.

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
the tach is dead too, if i get the rpm's up it kind of shivers around. is there any tests i can do to see what the issue is? what shift kits do you guys use in a C6? i saw a few kits for like $22 online. how hard are they in the C6? is there a write up? i did a E4ohno kit, and 727 and they were pretty easy.

Superior make a good kit for the C6. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger