transmission swap question

c_silva88

Reaction score
i have a 84 f250 with a 6.9, c6, and a gv. im in the process of getting the last of the stuff for my zf and 1 ton axle swap got every thing im just wondering if i can use the clutch master cylinder off my parts truck which is an 83 and it work with the hydraulic line from the 88. or do i need a clutch master cylinder off a 87 and up?

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bullnose and bricknose master cylinders have a different bolt pattern where they bolt to the firewall. I used a MC out of a 89 in my truck; I had to drill a couple new holes and make a little reinforcing plate for it to work.
For the line between the master and slave cylinders, I had to steal one off of an 80's gasser with a 460/T-19 (I pinched my original one off when I was wrestling the engine into place); I think they are all the same.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bullnose and bricknose master cylinders have a different bolt pattern where they bolt to the firewall. I used a MC out of a 89 in my truck; I had to drill a couple new holes and make a little reinforcing plate for it to work.
For the line between the master and slave cylinders, I had to steal one off of an 80's gasser with a 460/T-19 (I pinched my original one off when I was wrestling the engine into place); I think they are all the same.

c_silva88

Reaction score
thanks i was hoping for that answer i pullled the line off a 88 super duty when i was grabbing a hydroboost set up and was hoping it would work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828