Transmission rebuild

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering having a local transmission shop overhaul my e4od. I am asking for opinions on what better than stock parts do I need to request he use to make a dependable transmission?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you can drive the rig to Leadville Arkansas to Brians Truck Shop (BTS) they would be the best place for a bullet proof E4OD trans. They have a garantee... Its any horse power... Any torque... Not questions asked... They stand behind what they build. I have their E4OD trans and I tell you this. When you launch its hang on. You can do a manual launch or a auto start. When that trans locks up you bes be hanging on. In 2009 I had Mel install my second Moose pump because he was at the rally and offered to do it. I was capable of doing this but watching and helping was great fun and lots of learned new ideas. Well I took him for a test run and his remarks were he was not going to race any E4OD trucks at the rally drag races. My truck has 3:55 gears but most think they are 4:10 gears. Its a 6200 lbs rocket ship when it needs to be. Its kind of a sleeper Farm Truck.....:angel::angel::D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All depends on if your going to put a Sonnax tugger kit in it. 94 should have some of the updates in it, last update parts was in 96.
You ain't gonna know what they'll put in it.

Torrington thrust bearing kit.
Center support bearing type.
Spiral snap ring for overdrive.
Superior shift correction pkg.
45 Element sprags.
Sun gears from aluminum to steel.
Line pressure booster kit.
Carbon fiber band.
Kevlar clutches ?

Last edited:

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can drive the rig to Leadville Arkansas to Brians Truck Shop (BTS) they would be the best place for a bullet proof E4OD trans. They have a garantee... Its any horse power... Any torque... Not questions asked... They stand behind what they build. I have their E4OD trans and I tell you this. When you launch its hang on. You can do a manual launch or a auto start. When that trans locks up you bes be hanging on. In 2009 I had Mel install my second Moose pump because he was at the rally and offered to do it. I was capable of doing this but watching and helping was great fun and lots of learned new ideas. Well I took him for a test run and his remarks were he was not going to race any E4OD trucks at the rally drag races. My truck has 3:55 gears but most think they are 4:10 gears. Its a 6200 lbs rocket ship when it needs to be. Its kind of a sleeper Farm Truck.....:angel::angel::D
Sounds great, but I'm worried enough just driving it 15 miles to town, let alone from Norman Oklahoman to Leadville Arkansas.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on if your going to put a Sonnax tugger kit in it. 94 should have some of the updates in it, last update parts was in 96.
You ain't gonna know what they'll put in it.

Torrington thrust bearing kit.
Center support bearing type.
Spiral snap ring for overdrive.
Superior shift correction pkg.
45 Element sprags.
Sun gears from aluminum to steel.
Line pressure booster kit.
Carbon fiber band.
Kevlar clutches ?
The transmission man did mention installing a tugger, I don't do a lot of heavy pulling , just hauls an overhead camper and occasionally a couple rickshaw of firewood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online