trans oil cooler

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
so i was pullin about 8,000 lbs and pulled into a parking lot to drop off one of my friends that came for the ride and he looks at my truck and points to my front end....
i got out and found my trans oil cooler hanging, but not dragging. i guess it was only held in by zip ties.
the cooler itself doesnt have any ways to permenatly mount the thing by, and when i looked under the truck, it was mounted behind the bumper, infront of the condenser.
there was no where for it to mount to!
was this an after market add on for my E40D, or did it come stock and im missing something?
i zip tied it back in place now with 4 ties and its not going anywhere, but id like to know what the deal is.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, this is after market. Does your lines still go thru the rad along with the cooler that was hanging???

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
the little cooler has two ports comming out of it, connected to rubber lines, then connected to steel lines going to the trans.
the lines them selves are running along the inside of the passenger side frame rail, until they get to the steel lines, then they jet out and connect to them.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
also, its behind the friggen bumper, as in no way in hell is it gettin any air to actually help cool the fluid. unless the concept is to have the heat just radiate away from the lines, but personally id like to have air incontact with it. should i cut like a grill looking thing infront of it?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
1 thing you need to do for sure is get some rubber or some long wearing cushion.Put it between your cooler and where it wire ties to the truck it will prevent vibration wearing thru the cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle