trans back in

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
What an adventure. First, I had issues with the wear seal that came with the new rear main seal. Then I cross thread a tap in the back of the crank. Then I fired it up sans trans to check for wobbliness and realize that the oil supply line to the frame mount turbo is wire tied into a sandwich bag--caught it before it exploded thankfully, then noticed the fitting the screws into the block for the oil supply line is wobbly and then breaks off in my hand--possibly oil leak, maybe?. So it's a quick trip to buy ez outs and a new fitting for the oil line (with a 1/4" plug) fire it up, check for wobbliness again, hear something strange and find that the fan rubs the shroud when there's no trans on the back of the engine, wait for my dad to show up and run the jack whilst I rassle the trans into place--he shows up just after Amy and I have it in place and the bottom 4 bolts are in.

I should have it back on the road tomorrow unless the Colts grab my attention.

Next step--Moose pump!!!

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats!

Barney,
I am glad to hear after being in Reverse you are now in the foward position.
Thats why I dont like automatic Transmissions:rotflmao :rotflmao Too confusing with the P R N D ect...:rotflmao
Just kidding
Good Luck
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Good deal Barney!:thumbsup:
Sounds like we both will have our tranny stories to share round the campfire this weekend.
I had to take the trans out of the Beef yesterday just to get the LUK kit (less than 10k) I put in there to use for Goldie.:eek:
Wished I coulda seen the look on yer face when that baggie started filling up.LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk