Tranny Cooler and Temp Guage

WOJO 1

Reaction score
I am posting for a friend who has a 00' PSD. While we were coming home yesterday his tranny got real hot (coolant puking) coming down a decent grade. He is wanting to put an additional tranny cooler on it and a temp guage. Can you guys recommend one that he can do himself. We are both pretty handy. He hates when my truck has no tranny heat problems:Sly . He does tow heavy often. Would Summit have something worth while. They are local for us. Help please.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
ya get a b&m tranny cooler, thay also make good and cheap gauges, thats what i had on my old truck, worked great

Reaction score
Tell him to get one for an 04 Ford with the 6.0 Diesel. It will bolt in place of his original and will take a small amount of plumbing. It will end his heating issue, The thing is HUGE.

WOJO 1

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feed back. The TruCool looks like a good option. I was thumbing through the Summit book last night and there are plenty of gauges to choose from as well.

WOJO 1

Reaction score
So, does any one know if there is a connector on the transmission to hook up an electric temp gauge or would a mechanical gauge be better?

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I run 2 stack plate cooler's around 28,000lbs rating with a shut off valve in summer I run around 150 to 165.

kevlandscape

Reaction score
well what i did with my temp gauge is took off the trans pan and drilled a hole for the unit to fit into it.. if you do it this way make sure you clean the pan when your at it!!! go to www.autometer.com
they have a lot!!

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I just use the 1/8" pipe plug in the side of the trans. A little tef tape and no worries about leaks:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online