track bar placement on a 2wd frame.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the dana 60 swap, after one has removed the complete suspension and brackets, where would one drill the holes for the track bar bracket? does the one hole on the most left bottom work for the first hole? searched for a while today and even googled it but noone ever is clear on what they do to mount it.
pics also help.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill have to check my 2wds. I thought I had seen the factory holes. Ill let ya know in the morning if no one else answers.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have loads of pics in my thread regarding the 2wd to 4wd swap in my brown truck.
I have to say in my case the holes were just slightly out of alignment so I had to drill new ones and make the track bar adjustable.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the 2wd does not have the correct holes. what i do/did was to cut the track bar in half, fine some 1/4 thick pipe to sleave it with, and make it reach over to the piviot mount for the pass side i beam. IIRC you need to extend it about 4 inches. on all three that i have done it acutally made my track bar even closer to the angle of my draglink.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have loads of pics in my thread regarding the 2wd to 4wd swap in my brown truck.
I have to say in my case the holes were just slightly out of alignment so I had to drill new ones and make the track bar adjustable.

found your link after finding out what it was called.

Last edited:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wow, that was helpful. didnt try that yesterday or even google it and go to other boards trying to find out the info i needed, guess standing and yelling out my front door was the only way i was looking for the info.

what i like to find out is if the bottom hole on my 1990 f350 frame crossmember is the correct hole for the track bar, or not. seems everything i put into that search feature took me nowhere where i needed to be, and after hour 1/2 i got tired of looking and gave up. thats why i posted up this thread, it seems to me that everyone that does this swap never says anything about the track bar, other then "6 Nebraska IDIs" which had an adjustable one made. i do remember reading about GUNZ doing his swap but cant find that thread.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its not the right hole. you can use it. but the lower center bolt woll not heave enough metal to mount it to.
I left the weight on the truck, leveled the track bar mount and marked the holes. Now its up in a factory location for a 4x4 truck.

Last edited:

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic
You must be registered for see images attach

notice the extra hole near the mount bolt. That is the factory hole from the 2wd front end.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online