track bar placement on a 2wd frame.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first pic didnt load up the first time i tried it, but it works now. and yes, that is exactly what i needed. that pic helps a lot. so with you moving it over is your frt axle centered?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I dont have a pic of the track bar mount in my thread? I could swear it was in there because I had issues with my measurements hence why I had to make the track bar adjustable.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have a pic of the track bar mount in my thread? I could swear it was in there because I had issues with my measurements hence why I had to make the track bar adjustable.

you did, never said you didnt. you just never stated how you decided where to drill your holes that mount the track bar up.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made measurements off the old 4x4 frame to do my layout. It actually ended up being right on when I put the weight of the truck back on the axle.

In hindsite, i would simply leave the truck sitting on the ground. Attach the hardware to the trackbar and see where it lines up with the crossmember and drill my holes right there. it will be neutral if you set it with the axle supporting the wieght of the truck.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought it was the sway bar you had to modify to fit? I guess I missed the track bar part.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
In hindsite, i would simply leave the truck sitting on the ground. Attach the hardware to the trackbar and see where it lines up with the crossmember and drill my holes right there. it will be neutral if you set it with the axle supporting the wieght of the truck.

Thats exactly how I drilled the holes for mine, but for whatever reason the bar wasnt the correct length when I tried mounting it after drilling the holes and installing the plate. It really didn't make any sense but I made it work by making the track bar adjustable.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mark the holes with the truck on a jack adn the front end hanging on the springs? I make my drill marks with the wieght on the springs. makes a big difference. if you do ti reverse it will side load the leaf springs just putting the truck on its own weight.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made measurements off the old 4x4 frame to do my layout. It actually ended up being right on when I put the weight of the truck back on the axle.

the first part of this post is what i needed man, thanks.

every track bar i have ever installed on different vehicles(jeep,dodge ect) always required me to put weight on one side of the vehicle, then put the other side in the air to install the track bar, which is why i didnt do it that way. the track bar needs to have tension on it to work correctly, which is why they usually dont line up perfect when you remove the bar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online