Tornado test

Blakemcclainjm

Reaction score
When I was younger my dad had a 91 f150 2wd 351m automatic with dual tanks starting mileage was 12 mpg. Mileage was checked by putting 2 gallons in an empty tank and driving down the same stretch of road each time. After cutting the cats and adding duals mpg increased to 15, then a tornado intake fan was added and the mileage increased to 17. I've heard lots of people say that the tornado did absolutely nothing for them, but have any of you ever tried this on the 6.9 or will it even fit on the 6.9?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tornado fans are usually used to cool something, like Electronics and power supplies. They kind of compress the air, then the air gets cool just from the expansion of it. I'm sure it would help as long as it was capable of supplying enough CFM of air. The air is cooled around 20* lower than ambient temp.
Don't know of anyone that has used one for that purpose you describe.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
He's talking about these.
You must be registered for see images attach

There's no way it added that much of a gain. Look up real testing on them.

I wouldn't waste the money. Get a turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snake oil.
Intake smoothing via extrudehone might help the idi???

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Tornado is not what I was thinking about. Twenty five years ago there was a thing called Tornado. It was a high speed fan tthat forced air thru a funnel like that partially compressed the air.

Geez, I miss read his thread. F 150 gasser.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ir will do nothing for the idi diesel engine. Our intake has a hole about 5 inches in diameter where unlimited air flows into the manifold. Not butterflies or throttle bodies involved in a diesel. We can actually run out engines with no intake on them. It will be messy because the cam & lifters will be exposed but run it will just fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online