To stack, or not to Stack?

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just picked this up this morning.

Might just leave it like that for a while, if i dont like it, ill go to single.

You must be registered for see images attach

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use my bed too much to put stacks in it. i didn't not get a long bed truck only to have to haul 4x8 with the tail gate down. when i get my turbo elbow figured out and put the rest of the exhaust in it'll run out the pass side just in front of the rear leaf front spring mount. the frame kicks up there and it's close enough to the rear tire that i would have a hard time getting my 2wd anywhere where i could damage it.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Really the only types of stacks we should be talking about in a pickup forum is of the breakfast variety...in my humble opinion.

Attachments

• Pancakes.jpg
    Pancakes.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3

rthomas

Reaction score
I'm pretty neutral on the stacks on a pickup but I dont think I'd ever do it. I think any bigger than 5" starts looking goofy and for what its worth, miter cut looks the best. If I ever have a flatbed I'll for sure put stacks on it.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I dont know what you would call that but is that a square tube?? Homemade? The thing the stacks are sitting on. Looks sweet! Pancakes do sound good by the way! haha

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its a "stack box" setup. i've seen them a few times before.

And them pancakes, hmmmmmmmmmm, sound so good right about now.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Ya the advantages to stack boxes are less space and even smoke flow but not the best flowing design

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Love my 5" stacks. Then i built this box around everything to clean everything up.. also houses 2 3/8 air hose hook ups for endless tool use :sly. i also now have it ryno lined to match the rest of the bed. You WILL have soot on the inside of your tailgate and on the side of your bed..Let alone anything that you haul with it such as the front of my 5th wheel :rotflmao

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
No stacks...

Nice 4" pipe behind the passenger tire (at a square angle too) :D

That's my motto, call me old school. Seen too many DodgeCummins with the stovepipe in the bed to have any appetite for that sort of thing...

;Sweet

ditto!

stacks are for medium and heavy duty truck not pickups.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like stacks. Dual exhaust on everything. Just a personal thing I guess. I've already got 4" stacks for my ex. cab. That "stack box" is what we used to call an expansion chamber on old big trucks. You can add/remove baffles for sound. As you can imagine,they weren't the most free-flowing way to go but you could run dual stacks much cheaper than buying expensive 'y' pipe and elbows. Just my 2 cents.LOL.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alienturtle,that's a nice set-up you have there. You must have alot of time in that. I like custom stuff like that.

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my 5" stacks. Then i built this box around everything to clean everything up.. also houses 2 3/8 air hose hook ups for endless tool use :sly. i also now have it ryno lined to match the rest of the bed. You WILL have soot on the inside of your tailgate and on the side of your bed..Let alone anything that you haul with it such as the front of my 5th wheel :rotflmao

that setup looks awesome!

I might have to work on something like that.

Downpipe is on the way, so as soon as i get it, ill work on getting them on. ;Sweet

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score

that is SICK awesome setup