To stack, or not to Stack?

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just looking for some input.

Im getting my truck road ready in the next few weeks, and exhaust is one of the things i still have to tackle.

Now, i was thinking of either doing a 4" straight exhaust, or do a single 5" aussie stack. they are gonna cost around the same, stack might be cheaper.

I know down here in FLA is kinda hit or miss with the cops, but any of you FL guys that have stacks have run into problems with the Man?

I see them around quite a bit, but im not really sure of the legalities.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see why you'd have a problem as long as you aren't coal rolling intersections! :D

I'd go with a stack.

jhenson2211

Reaction score
Well, if you really want my .02 lol... In my personal opinion, I think stacks belong on Peterbilts not Fords. I think they are totally goofy looking coming up through the bed of a pickup. Plus, they are so common now-a-days its not even cool or unique looking to me anymore either. They give me the same reaction as someone saying "Hey, guess what, I got myself a tuner for my Powerstroke!" Yep... so does everyone else. Now don't get me wrong, I would never diss anyone's truck if they got em, and I've actually seen a select few that actually look decent and suprised me but they were on lifted crew cab duallys. I dunno, I just don't think it gets much better than a big 4" pipe hangin behind the rear tire! Then again, thats just me.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im for one stack 2 just looks like crap and 6 in is about the max i think looks good on an idi
im going to run one 5 inch stack flat black with a flapper

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I hauled scrap all summer last year to Pensacola about a 50 minute drive mostly in Florida. Got pulled over once by DOT for not having a trailer tag, and know tarp on the trailer. Nothing was said about the stacks, but Pecola. is a lot farther north then you. Like austin said if your not flooring it around town and being ridiculous with them then you should be okay. Thumbs up for the stack.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i am all for stack.... that being said i am very picky about stacks since you are looking for opinions here is my take on them

1. i only like miter cut or ausie not regular turn outs
2. i like single stacks on non duallys but not singles on a dually
3. i also only like ausies on duallys not on non duallys
4. i think for a ext or crew cab i think the stack should be either 6-8 inch diameter
5. and finally no matter what style of stack i like them flush with the cab or with aussies maybe a max of 6-12 inches about roofline

i know this sounds picky because it is and its just my opinion

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You're going to find quite a few people on here that don't like stacks....I honestly think it depends on the truck. A stack can either make or break the ride. Ultimately it's your decision. How bout some pics of your truck from the side?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I like the one on my toy. My DD will stay with the factory style just because it has a nice bed that doesn't already have holes

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well, if you really want my .02 lol... In my personal opinion, I think stacks belong on Peterbilts not Fords. I think they are totally goofy looking coming up through the bed of a pickup. Plus, they are so common now-a-days its not even cool or unique looking to me anymore either. They give me the same reaction as someone saying "Hey, guess what, I got myself a tuner for my Powerstroke!" Yep... so does everyone else. Now don't get me wrong, I would never diss anyone's truck if they got em, and I've actually seen a select few that actually look decent and suprised me but they were on lifted crew cab duallys. I dunno, I just don't think it gets much better than a big 4" pipe hangin behind the rear tire! Then again, thats just me.

What he said

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the trend of stacks on gassers. I've seen quite a few lately. Personally I'm not a big fans of stacks. Just dont see the purpose of them.
John

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to find quite a few people on here that don't like stacks....I honestly think it depends on the truck. A stack can either make or break the ride. Ultimately it's your decision. How bout some pics of your truck from the side?

I agree. It depends totally on the ride. With that said I probably won't stack mine. I do like the look of a single black dozer stack though.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, depends on the truck and what u do with it. if u are around it alot with it idling, it is nice to have it in the air. or for me on my crawler i have them to get the fumes above the guy behind me so he isnt breathing fumes all day. but my hauler will never get stacks.

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd run a 3.5inch back from the y-pipe (or turbo) into a 5inch tip where the factory exhaust goes. No stack's for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online