To stack, or not to Stack?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
im for one stack 2 just looks like crap and 6 in is about the max i think looks good on an idi
im going to run one 5 inch stack flat black with a flapper

What you're doing looks fine. We have farm trucks all over teh place here that have utilitarian stacks and they look nice, they don't look all stupid like the little pickups with the 6" pipes sticking out of the beds.

For farmers a ground exhaust is often referred to as a brush burner. They;ve been running cobbled stacks up alongside their flatbeds for years, they just haven't been chrome for the most part so nobody pays much attention

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I really like your tool box set up alien! I assume you used an existing box and added onto it? I'd like to do that to my truck.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I really like your tool box set up alien! I assume you used an existing box and added onto it? I'd like to do that to my truck.

no sir that "box" started out as a 12 or 14 :confused: gauge sheet of steel. as you can see its more of an L :) and the 2nd pic is what i house inside. My york pumps that tank to 140psi in about 90 seconds at 1500rpm

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Great work alien! I'd love to do that to mine so that space isnt just sittin there not gettin used. But, sometimes I want a flat bed on my truck cause I could do more with it.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Myrtle Beach last weekend and saw a nice lifted Duramax with 5 five inch stacks. That's right, 5 stacks!! It looked WILD!! But looking closer I saw all those black spots all over the white/ pearl paint. I'm re-thinking stacks on my truck now since it's "IH" red. May just pull the 3" off and split it into duals. I just like duals on everything.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im PRO-STACKS :sly:D

5"mitre cuts

Attachments

• duallie1.jpg
    duallie1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im for one stack 2 just looks like crap and 6 in is about the max i think looks good on an idi
im going to run one 5 inch stack flat black with a flapper

I thought a flapper would be cool as **** too. Tried it on my friends powerstroke and it was just aggravating as ****. It tinged constantly and was just unbarable.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Nice pic 94! Im gonna get the miter cut flappers for mine. They say they have a rubber seal on them so they dont ting like the flat tip flappers.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gassers dont sound as good.and a 4 cylinder S 10 with a single stack is just plain retarded :puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online