Tire choice help...

onetonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got the Coopers. I love mine (ST MAX). As a bonus, I think Coopers are one of the last tires made in US.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Visit the dynabead website, you can find the weight chart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks!
RE: Dynabeads, I looked at the website for the weight suggestions for my tires and I noticed that the beads are much smaller than airsoft bb's . I'm assuming that's so you can pour into the valve stem. They also state that the beads are ceramic. I'm pretty sure that airsoft bb's are plastic. Would you be concerned about the different size and density in regards to the effectiveness and longevity? Are the beads much better than lead weights on the rim?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding to the tire discussion, here's my BFG's. Let me say up front, I've always had excellent luck with BFG tires, not so much on this set. While these tires are nearly 8 years old, they have very few miles and the truck is 90% garage kept. Heck there's a 66 mustang parked in the same garage with tires that were installed in the 1980's and they look better than these! Hate to start a hunting season driving hundreds of miles from home on these!
You must be registered for see images attach

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding to the tire discussion, here's my BFG's. Let me say up front, I've always had excellent luck with BFG tires, not so much on this set. While these tires are nearly 8 years old, they have very few miles and the truck is 90% garage kept. Heck there's a 66 mustang parked in the same garage with tires that were installed in the 1980's and they look better than these! Hate to start a hunting season driving hundreds of miles from home on these!

I'd ditch them.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, (similar to you) it's really only a matter of what to buy at this point......

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't answer about size differences but pouring the beads in through the valve is horrendously tedious. Been there done that. Next time I'll take it to someone to break the bead and dump them in.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!
RE: Dynabeads, I looked at the website for the weight suggestions for my tires and I noticed that the beads are much smaller than airsoft bb's . I'm assuming that's so you can pour into the valve stem. They also state that the beads are ceramic. I'm pretty sure that airsoft bb's are plastic. Would you be concerned about the different size and density in regards to the effectiveness and longevity? Are the beads much better than lead weights on the rim?

I believe there are charts out on the web for airsoft beads. I've not used beads, but have considered them. Here in Indiana, out tires take a pretty good beating, so dynamic balancing would be nice. I've got an odd vibration at ~50 on my F-150 and wonder if it a balance issue. I do know that the regular cab and 8 foot bed do feel differently going down the road than in Dad's SuperCrew. You can really feel the change in torque in the rear axle from stoping, to stopped, to back on the gas. Since the rear is so much lighter with the weight of the back of the cab being almost 3 feet in farther forward than the SuperCrew. I actually wondered if there was something wrong with my truck. But you put just little bit of weight in the bed, the feeling chenges.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Heck there's a 66 mustang parked in the same garage with tires that were installed in the 1980's and they look better than these!
They made tires better back then. Today's tires just don't seem to last as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online