Time For New Batteries

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy Everyone, I need to buy the old girl some new batteries, just woundering what you all are running on? What would be the best batteries to buy for the money? What about cranking amps? I have a 92 f-250 with the 7.3 Thank's Everyone Trex

sootman73

Reaction score
i wanna get new ones too for my '94. i had duralast golds from wally world in my gm. had em for two years and i worked em hard with extra lights and sterao system. they are pretty affordable at 60-70 each and had 1000 amps each. and the nicest thing is that they have a three year warranty and if you mess them up or they aren't just right you can take them back to walmart and they will exchange them pretty easy cuz walmart employees dont care.

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a local ford dealership motorcraft batteries are pretty good and there actually priced really good. I tend to like interstate batteries myself they have always seemed to last the longest for me. Youll want to get some think with atlest 850 cca's

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
One word....CATERPILLAR....They make all sizes and shapes and they make one hell of a battery....Go to your local CAT dealer and I think you'll be surprised at the prices. My truck is getting two Cat batteries when the Exides go belly up.;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Interstate MTP 65s. If you can get 750 CCA or better that's what you want. Interstate often has "blemished" batteries at about 1/2 price and they have a warranty etc. basically like a new battery, just not as pretty. BRT has a good point about the Caterpillars I've heard of some guys running their truck with 1000 CCA cat sealed lead acid gel cells.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm running Interstates now, the 65 type. The last set I wore out were the Cat batteries. They did last a long time too. Never had a problem with them either... Till they plain wore out.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We sell pallet loads of Cat batteries at work every year....Mostly replacing the crappy Alliance batteries Freightshaker installs from the factory....Hardly ever replace CAT batteries under warranty.....Very high quality.

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also work at a CAT dealer and we sell a ton of those batts, I have two in my truck right now, and in my rover, and my jeep........ I don't work in the parts department end of the building but I walk by the warranty part of it and I hardly ever see a batt sitting there. The best thing to do is to buy the biggest highest CCA rated battery that will fit and run that, we had a 1100 CCA batt in my moms '92 Taurus that lasted for 7 years before it couldn't hold enough amps to start it, I think stock for that car was 650CCA but the posts on the new batt were CLOSE to the hood, almost too close if you pushed on the hood.