Throttle fix.

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This last summer I replaced mine. It had broken clean. It is rediculously stuff. Now I am used to it but its rediculus

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just kept breaking the plastic until it's all out of there on mine. Is it right? Maybe not, but it works.
I’ve done this on several cables to keep it from sticking, if the cable is fine and there’s no fraying you likely have many years left in the cable. No need to replace it, but good idea to keep a spare behind the seat.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a NA engine the cable replacement process isn't too bad. Definitely buy the OE one, I used aftermarket and it was so stiff it popped the fuse for Cruise Control.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
PFFFT! That's what baling wire's for!:Thumbs Up:joker:
Seriuosly though. Years ago, I was working for a contractor part time. I got the job of driving his brother's front end loader (if I tried to give a model or even make, I'd probably be lying) from their mom's house to his brother's house out in the country. It was probably about 5 miles, but something was wrong in the transmission so in high range, it would only move in first and second. So after fighting traffic (and dirty looks) for about half the way, I finally made it out of town. About 3/4 miles from the brother's house, the throttle cable in the loader broke. I took off my boot laces, tied them together, ran one end out through a window, tied that end on the injector pump where the cable attaches, and drove the rest of the way using a hand throttle. HEY! I used to watch MacGyver for a reason!:Thumbs Up

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I gotta story like that just add in that it was a big articulated loader and the steering locked where it was pointed when the engine died . Brakes too.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yep it was articulated too. The engine didn't die though. It just went to an idle real quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online