This weekend its finally time

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All that room behind the engine would help a lot. I can't wait for studs, if anybody would buy my dang Mustang they are sitting on the shelf at Alligator waiting for me even! I plan to bump boost to 20, as it is the turbo is barely working, the wastegate is open almost all the time under WOT. 20 should be well within the turbos range, if only I could afford to have the truck down long enough to do a cam I would really be cooking!

What cam would you use?

I'm partial to the one Russ has as it's a more grunt low end one not quite a top end one like the JD2

Both are great, just for different applications.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they are calling it but the one racin has, mostly for the dynamic compression bleedoff.

Edit: I'll also be running a 4500 rpm governor spring, the cam should help at the higher rpm. That spring should really help the big 2-3 shift gap towing.

Last edited:

Rxracer

Reaction score
Im going to be doing something very similar to this. i have the R&D intake so i plan to run either a hx35 or the he351cw that is wastegated. Im rounding up a turbo currently and going to mock it up on my spare engine here soon.
I like the pics but one question, you say you were having fitment issues with the hot side? was that due to it hitting the intake hat? im guessing that with the intake i have it shouldnt be an issue, ill have to modify my injection lines a little to clear the compressor but that should be it.
any tips are greatly appreciated,
Rob

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Yes the hotside was very close the the actual factory intake with the HX35, so much that I wouldn't have been able to get an intake hat on. Not sure if the R&D move the actual entrance point on the intake?

Biggest tip I can give you is to get an instant 90 degree turndown for the exhaust. The factory Dodge ones want to dump somewhere under the dash. I don't think the factory wastegate will flow enough either, even if it would clock correctly

Rxracer

Reaction score
Thanks for he info, ended up getting a HE351CW, the wastegated version. I plan to actually lock the wastegate shut and initially try it to see what happens. worst come to worst ill do a wastegate but would rather not have to. the R&D intake actually removes the whole top hate mills the intake down and puts a 3" 45° fitting out of the top of the intake makeing MUCH more room. But the HE351 has a 9cm housing anyways so it will clear with ease. For the exhaust i plan to make a 1/8th inch plate to fit the v band on the back of the housing than weld a 3" 90° onto the plate to a V band to go to the down pipe.
Thanks for the tips i appreciate it.
Rob

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, ultimately I would like to put the he351cw on mine.

Rxracer

Reaction score
Hey hyde the he fits but is tight in a few spots. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Attachments aren't working on my phone for some reason. Will have to check it out later. Curious to see where its tight

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
260.7 peak on water/**** 219 on fuel, not as good as I hoped but not bad. I had trouble with the gov spring the night before, since it made peak power just before defuel I think it would have helped. It's also super advanced which didn't help, did the pump swap the night before the dyno. Have to get it tuned a little better for next time!

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
According to the calculator I used to get torque from hp/rpm it has over 450lb ft across the board though!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
260.7 peak on water/**** 219 on fuel, not as good as I hoped but not bad. I had trouble with the gov spring the night before, since it made peak power just before defuel I think it would have helped. It's also super advanced which didn't help, did the pump swap the night before the dyno. Have to get it tuned a little better for next time!

Man that is a big jump with the water/methanol on. What are the specs on your water/methanol setup like nozzle size and stuff like that? That is definitely the most power from a w/m setup that is have seen dynoed on an idi...

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Sorry guys havent been on in a bit. Funny you should mention the water/**** setup. I think thats what led to this engines demise. Havent torn down yet but fairly certain I either had a wrist pin fail or cracked a piston. I was running two Snow 625ml (are supposed to support roughly 400hp each) nozzles set to come on at 4psi. Which was also far too low. The truck would literally try to keep running on the water/****, the switch would stay triggered as long as it had boost, and it would have boost as long as it had water/****. Not good. The timing rattle was absolutely horrendous as well, but it was so damn fast! So currently looking for another long block to throw my parts on and keep it with a single 625ml nozzle, it ran and pulled very well with that but I got kinda greedy. So theres the update for all interested!

P.S my new 395hp/525 lb ft rated ceramic clutch was also slipping already, this is a never ending battle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron