This pyro/sender work?

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking traditional gauge, the type I prefer also. You will still need the sender, comes with the thermocouple and leads and fittings for the install. This is the p/n for the sender 114653 - at Summit for $60. S&W has always made good quality instruments, can't go wrong with them or Auto Meter. I have also had Isspro, they make some nice stuff as well. Depending on where you install in the exhaust, especially around a turbo take your time, use lots of grease on the bit and tap to catch the shavings and get a small magnet that will fit into the hole to aid in the cleanup. Never can be too careful on that part of the install.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No turbo here, so i don't think i need to be too **** about the metal getting in there. Eventually i'll switch my other gauges over to this style so everything matches. but one at a time for now

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is drivers side more accurate than passengers side?

Installing the "probe"/sensor in the exhaust manifold next to #8 cyl would be the hottest exhaust temp, as the #6 fires just before #8 in milli seconds. At least that's the theory. :D

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. the sensor is another $60 lol.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It goes up to 1500....If the EGTs max the gauge out, i'll be calling a tow truck, so i'm not real concerned.

67-7THREE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a SW pyro in my powerstroke, i like it, works good. they just dont light up that good at night like auto meter does.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got an ATS EGT gauge I'd sell for $25 shipped, but no sensor, looks the same. I'm thinking any K type sensor will work, gotta get one and test it.

Attachments

• DVC01742.JPG
    DVC01742.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 52

gandalf

Reaction score
I prefer the full sweep Isspr pyro gauge. I find it easier to read. I can't give you pics or part numbers because I'm away from home, not on my normal computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online