This is why you dont use ether on diesels!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Russ, that's a ******* injector causing a hot spot. It's called streaking.

piston outof my first PSDs replacement engine.had a fuel knock/drippy injector from a cracked nozzle.not 1 drop of ether was used in that engine

Attachments

• truck%20330727.jpg
    truck%20330727.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 24
  • piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Ether will break **** but it won't do that....Type4 is right, that's EGT's at work - severely over fueling. I've seen some gasser's melted down with nitrous that look like that.cookoo

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
http://s748.photobucket.com/albums/xx129/Midnight-77/?action=view&current=077.mp4
sorry for the link but idk how else to do it, that is a Brand New can of wd40, apparently if they changed the formula they changed it back. it burns ALOT better if you dont shake the can like i did ;Really

I don't mean this to be rude, but that is about the dumbest thing to do!

I'm not going to risk blowing my arm off, just to prove WD-4D will light up being sprayed out of a can.

But it only lit fire cause of the aerosol.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That flame after ignition was about 4-5" from the bottle... Not explosion material there :D. Even if the flame were sucked up you'd need oxygen to burn it unless wd40-can aerosols have o2 in them already... Cutting the bottle with that torch oughtta suffice to get air :p

This is one way you blow up wd40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb6iCyYULxY otherwise throw the whole can into a fire

I do wonder why some people use WD40 when it I've heard its more a water dispersant than an oil :dunno I bet the pressure does help a ton though

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Ive used old spice spray deodorant to start my truck before:D

Ive been using it for years in my potato guns with good results. It has allot of good flammable stuff in it including propane:eek:

The way I figured out if something was good for the potato gun was by lighting the spray from the can. If the spray stayed lit without the help of a lighter it was good stuff.

From my understand WD-40 used to use propane as the propellant. Some guy was spraying it on something electrical and lit himself up. He sued them over it and they took the propane out because of it.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
I just found this example of a ******* removing a tire from a rim... See the tiny boy playing on the tire as the jerk in working on it.... Darwin Award winners for sure....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjn278UygMo

Damn, that took forever! He should try some soap water next time.

And as for stuff that lights on fire, I've seen people light their fart on fire, dose someone want to try ripping a big one in to the intake and seeing if that will start their truck? :rotflmao

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
yea the new WD dont work as well as the old stuff, PB blaster works a little better , not much though. havent tried it on my truck yet, but thats how we start our jeeps and tractors. truck has started good for me so far

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
That's the same guy you posted in the last one icanfixall. I've mounted tires and unmounted tires like the guy did in the first one you posted. I won't touch ether in tires though......seen too many bad things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance