This does not sound good....

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
yeah, spinning way to slow, if its not the batteries its the starter, or maybe even the cables

ps444mike

Reaction score
better batteries not sure where you jumping from another truck ? is it running.. maybe raise the rpm on that truck.. battery cables good down to starter..

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
2X Motorcraft MAX 850 CCA and both are good. Pulled them out of my 2004 6.0 which they spin over just fine. But it sounds like I've got either a dead skip on 2 cylinders or something isn't right. Its not the GPs. I tested each one before I reinstalled them. And the very ragged out jumper cables aren't connected but the truck does need new cables to both ground and starter.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you answered your own question. If you have crumby battery cables, this can and will cause slow cranking even with fresh batteries. I would replace cables and go from there. If symptoms aren't fixed, I would point to starter. Your engine is not cranking fast enough to light er off.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not asking why shes not starting. I know why, But, the way shes turning over. Hard,hard,hard,hard,easy,easy,hard,etc... Is it me, Or, Is there a loss of compression? I don't have a reliable compression gauge to check. Lost alot of my tools in the divorce...:mad: I don't expect her to start at all. Still need fuel pump, fuel lines, air cleaner assy,etc... Trying to get a baseline whether or not this either A) engine is shot B) truck is worth the trouble and expense. Or, Could the lack of speed cause false symptoms? Like I said in a previous post, I'm not terribly familiar with IDIs. But thanks for the suggestions guys.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without a compression/ leakdown test theres no way of knowing until she lights off.
i hear what your talking about on the hesitant rotation, but until you light her off, warm her up youre chasing your tail.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
If your battery's are good then check cables. I've spent many a time trying to crank my old 6.9(not the one in sig) with crappy cables pretty much is like the video it'll start eventually but your just going to cook the starter and drain your Batts. I replaced just the clamps it made a huge difference replaced cables to then she felt like a new truck. ;Sweet

Group 31 Anyone? :angel::D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like ***** batteries a worn tfo starter and keep doing that n u be making smoke soon

New batteries and if you can group 31 stud tops not lug tops

Starter is cooked dude.

Thoroughly inspect your cables and replace if needed.

Clean block where grounds attach too.

If cables are swollen or have corrosion they need to be replaced with new ones. Or purchase material and buld new ones. I did a thread on building new cables.

Is that some kinda booster pack there with LED on it.

JM2CW

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same. I couldnt crank it fast enough to bleed injectors.
So I dragged it down the road in gear and they bled. Lol. Turns over like a rocket now.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I think your hearing things..

You need new cables, its spinning slow and sounds like that because the starter is struggling.

Replace your cables and clean up the grounds where they attach to the truck

Runningaford

Reaction score
I didn't hear it turn over for that long, but it sounded for the most part like they sound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online