This does not sound good....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is too many threads on it, delete some of them. Water has already been drained out. And hell, I already found coolant in the oil when I drained it so this engine is trash from either blown head gasket or cracked head. Maybe even cavatation. I already condemned it as soon as I saw the oil/coolant mix. So, once I drained everything out, Put 4 quarts of clean diesel in the crank, 1 bottle of heet, 4 quarts of rotella 15w40, and a bottle of MMO and trans fluid in each cylinder. Last time this pos was tagged was 06/07. I'm sure it got rain through the intake. Back when I was asking all about this hooptie I was trying to get second opinions basically on whether or not to keep going with this thing or cut losses and move on from it. But, After talking with a couple of members, I decided to keep it and drive it until either that engine completely dies or the wheels fall off. I've seen diesels do some weird things under even weirder circumstances. Korean liquor is a wonderful fuel substitute for a GM 6.5...Which, once this 6.9 does give up is either getting scrapped and swapped out with either a 6.5 or cummins or maybe a 7.3 since they're much more common. And when the C6 goes is most likely going to get replaced with a manual.

:Thumbs Up:popcorn:popcorn

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I'm brave but not THAT brave. Hell, I gave up drinkin' years ago. After getting alcohol poisoning TWICE, I learned to just stop altogether before the third time is really my last.