Thinking about selling

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm thinking about selling my truck. I'm just getting extremely frustrated with all the work and time I've put in to it and it still not running. I'm really close to getting it there but now when I bleed the system I don't get any fuel past the IP after installing my new Elec Fuel pump and fuel lines. If any one is interested please let me know. Or if you know someone who wants one let me know. I'm still not sure if I wanna sell it or not but if it needs an IP then I'm done. Currently I have it on CL, but if someone from the Brotherhood wants it Ill make em a good deal.

I just had to get that off my chest. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free I'm open to anything and everything. I just need something reliable and that gets decent Fuel mileage cause driving the Chevelle everyday is really taken a toll on my wallet. I'm thinking a 87-91 Bronco with a 5.0, or something similar. I just need something that will start and run every morning whenever I need it too.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that.

Sometimes things work and sometimes they just don't. Sorry about your troubles, I sold the brown truck because the list of things I needed to do to it was just too long.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Have you tried hotwiring the fuel shutoff solenoid? My old red truck was riddled with wiring nightmares and one was that it wouldn't start from time to time. Came to find that the wire running the fuel shutoff was broken and wouldn't always make contact. Hotwire that sucker and I bet the pump starts flowing fuel.

Along the lines of selling your truck, I'm in the same position except I have pressure from several friends and family, including my girlfriend. Now that I'm looking at another engine rebuild on my brown truck they are all telling me to get rid of it and buy a car. Well I have a car... Several of them. I want my cars, and I want my truck. If someone doesn't like my choices then thats just too frickin bad.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Have you tried hotwiring the fuel shutoff solenoid? My old red truck was riddled with wiring nightmares and one was that it wouldn't start from time to time. Came to find that the wire running the fuel shutoff was broken and wouldn't always make contact. Hotwire that sucker and I bet the pump starts flowing fuel.

Should I just try and run a hot wire from B+ to the FSS and see what happens?

Dont get my wrong I love my truck, but right now its not being economical. I have put a ton of money in to it trying to get it working right but I dont want to work on it anymore. I have to work on the Chevelle enough as it is. I dont need 2 projects at 20yrs old.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Ill try it and see what happens.

Honestly I think I just wanna sell it. I found a nice 90 Bronco, with the 5.0 and a 5 speed ;)and leather, A/C, and power everything. The guy wants $1900 for it with 120k miles

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
A bronco w/ a 5-speed is a nice combo.

My parents had one for many years, many good camping trips were taken in that thing! :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an asking price of $2500 for a truck that doesn't run?
I can't get nibbles on a CC dually that is running and reg'd at $3k. the ******** email harvesters don't count.