Think im done boys...12v time..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I dont get banned for this...but I think im going 12v with nv4500 into P9106...
Will be posting me stuff for sale soon enough once the swap starts..
picking up a 96 dually with 270k miles on it for 1800 or less within the next week...
Im sure the IDI would wake up with a good pump behind it but TBH i am fed up with tinkering with it all the time...

people always chirp and say the audi is a money pit..wrong, trucks are money pits!
The powe these 12v make is just ridiculous...

Ill still be here posting though and giving some updates on the crustacean!;Sweet

arp studs, r&d stage 1s, r&d intake, 2wd ZF5, brand new Luk and SMF will be for sale, plus the whole IDI with custom uppipes and t4 turbo mount..

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta' admit I would not mind trading in for a mid '90s 12v 3500 dually kingcab. Ford just never made the truck I really want in the model years I like:(. And conversions start to add up.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the studs not installed yet? Also the R&D stage 1s? Are those the injectors or stage 1 turbo kit? I might certainly be interested in taking some of those parts off your hands.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all installed on the engine and is all running and driving daily. Injectors have maybe 400 miles on them.
Just injectors are stage 1. Turbo kit is home brewed sched 40 piping with ugly welds. Will get pics once its all out.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the whoel truck for 1100$ and drove it home. 3rd gear synchro is done
Took a while to get going, starter wasnt engaging, the fuel leak which turned out to be a double gasket on the fuel filter, we were twoing it aroudn the guys yard behind it truck for a good 30 mins bleeding injectors, chasing the leak etc. For that price, i am not complaining. Engine is in wonderful health, glove test on the filler deck shows next to 0 blowby. THing hauls ass.
Almost feel bad ripping the truck apart but I can make my money back on parts alone.

You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! Been thinking of the same swap for several years and eventually I'll do it. My son has a 2004 5.9 24 valve with 6-speed, it's a monster compared to my 7.3 idi turbo! Are you re-connecting to your ZF or using the dodge trans?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre all a buncha communists!
:backoff

except for Calvin, he's alright

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha.
I am using the dodge NV transmission. way too much money for the adapter plate. And they are super easy to rebuild.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on the adapter $! What about your speedometer? Assuming you are currently running stock mechanical in your 91 CC which is same as my 87. Does the dodge NV utilize mechanical speedometer?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was using god for speedo before. Dodge uses vss in the pumpkin. Ill ptbably try to use the entire dodge cluster.
Would be good to have the cruise from the dodge too.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damnit, im just seeing that thsi engine has like...a real computer, and it has EGR?! im jsut hoping it doesnt lock me out/defual or whatnot with certain stuff unplugged.
I know the PCM needs to see CPS in order to even energize the alternator to allow charging, jeez!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online

No members online now.