THE NIGHTMOOSE...20.6 miles and counting!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't tell you how elated I am that we are now back to just good ol' worring about the shake down period. We've got some electrical gremlins to deal with (keeps loosing it's charge as it sits), but that will be EASY to fix compared to what we've been through. I'll have that problem solved by Sunday. I followed him to the inspection station this morning to get his window sticker, and waited. The Night Moose is now 100% legal beagle! Shot these with the cell phone just before it got the sticker. These are the last pictures of it's last illegal run. lol
You must be registered for see images

So now my boy is out with his truck, on his own. He's faced with overnighting at a friends house, and driving to his SAT test tomorrow. He'll have to overcome his low battery condition with the jumper cables and battery charger I gave him for the trip. What a strange feeling after all this.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Congrats to the Angem team! so now that it is legal lets see some vids of it, i'd bet it is a fast little sucker!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Matthias and Mel. We all know what you two did to bring this truck to life and the ordeal to be able to drive it. Enjoy the ability to be able to drive YOUR truck LEGALLY. Keep it between the lines and the shiny side up. Now you can help Dad and Graham bring the Scarlet Moose into its glory with what you have learned building the Night Moose (and if you were like me as a kid, over your Dads shoulder on the Moose Truck, Lady Moose and the Moosestang)

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man!.. (as i lift my gallon jug of sweet tea!) good to hear that fine truck u and ur father built if finally getting to be used on the road!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Congrats Mathias, that has to be a great feeling, for a while I was worried that Graham would be able to drive his truck legally before you could,..;Poke
;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm happy to read this. I'm sure Your dad told You this a gazillion times but it won't hurt to say it one more time, Please be careful and don't get over confident nor bite when some idiot wants to race out there. :cheers: for many many many safe miles to come for You.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Congratz!!! (Holding my can 'o Dr. Peper...) You are one lucky kid....you know that? I'm only allowed to do minor projects with my dad....like a 4x4 conv in the near future (or '55 olds :sly).

Hey....Sly's back....what a funny animation!!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
There is only one thing finer than the feeling of driving your first vehicle, and that's the birth of your children.

Enjoy the truck and wait a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for the kids.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
F350Farmboy, when you say 4x4 conversion and 55 olds in the same sentance does that mean the 55 is gonna have 4x4 conversion? Now that would be something I'd like to see

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
No...its either going to be a 4x4 conv. on the '85 in the sig....or working on a '55 olds 88 down the street. Doesnt really matter to me, but I prefer to tinker on my truck. But dads not to fond of the idea of yet another truck in the barnyard (donor truck).

Back to the 'lil mel....lets see some 0-60 vids and maybe a burn-out.....with dad's permission of course! :D

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
It rides GREAT.....I feel GREAT.....life is GREAT...except for finals comming up at school, and I'm too distracted by my truck. No problems with the solo flight, to keep the charge, I've been disconnecting the negative battery terminal and then reconnecting it (seemed to be doing the trick) Now, after testing some things with a Vmeter we have determined that it is definatly the alternater....picking a new one up this evening.
DON'T Worry, Vids are on the way!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online