The low mile truck is going under the knife, BIG TIME

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im going to undercoat the living crap out of the entire underside in the hopes of it keeping the salt away from it. Its pretty much rust free except in the places they rust out with simply water hitting them, lol.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Your wheel wells will probably disappear. Mine are the only place on my truck starting to rust(however slightly), but I live in dry Southern Utah.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well during my sabbatical I've been working on things around here since i "couldnt get on the board" lol.
So far I've got everything to rebuild the heads, the shops ready to receive my heads (gonna cost about $200 to clean, mag, skim deck, cut valves and seats and install new guides), my new turbo cartridge is on its way ($290 shipped, THANKS GARRETT for raising your prices!), my exhaust is here and ready to be assembled, I have all of my bushings for the TTB front axle including spring bushings, and my air cleaner for my custom intake is on its way as well.
The machine shop is a GREAT price if you ask me, and he's the best diesel shop around. The turbo cartridge cost me an extra $40 because Garrett raised their prices on it over $100 more than last year. JH diesel had one left from last year so he sold it to me for the last quarter price instead of the new year price so I only had to pay half what the full price hike was.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take your original oil pump apart and inspect it. I would not replace it unless it is bad, the pump is plenty oversized for the engine. I have a new melling in mine and will be removing it as soon as time allows and putting in the old 300k IH pump back in. Same bearings and crank with different pump, figured second time go new,what a mistake. 10 to 15 lb loss across the board. And that is with shimming the relief valve in the filter head.