The End of an Era

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
John Haggerty said:
I must be stupid because I'm running the IDI to work while leaving a Honda in the barn. cookoo
John

Naw, you'd get dead in that honda, no one wants to eff with an IDI on the highway ;Sweet but a little car they'll run off the road, almost got run into oncoming traffic last monday driving a subaru.... -cuss -cuss -cuss if it was my car I'd a let him hit me :thumbsup:

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Gee good and bad news. Being the selfish person that I am ,I will miss the security knowing Mel is always close by. So many contributions,so many favors,so much watching out for others. So much just plain "caring"
I haven't met you yet but feel I know you so well as do many others on this site. CONGRATULATIONS on a good start on another chapter in your life. Thanks for so much devotion.We will all miss you ,yet feel good that you are not totally out of our lives.
I think I can speak for us all when I say "we love you Mel" :angel:
Mr Bill

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
oldmisterbill said:
We will all miss you ,yet feel good that you are not totally out of our lives.
I think I can speak for us all when I say "we love you Mel" :angel:
Mr Bill
:eek: :eek: Ok if ya need a visual here ya go. Better than the one I got while talking to him on the telephone standing nekkind in the bathroom. :puke:

Sorry Mel, couldn't resist. :D

Attachments

• Mel.jpg
    Mel.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 21

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Sorry about your job... I know how that goes, as I was pressed regarding the military's planned drawdown, but received good news last week that I have a job for a few more years, anyway (made promotion to Major.)

I hope that you and your wife will eventually be able to enjoy your life together in your new home, and will be able to stick with the IDI lifestyle.

Best of Luck in your new job!!! More pay = more money to spend on your IDI hobby (and fuel to get to your new job... grrrrrr...)

Mike

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...I had no idea that you're a friggin' "Officier":puke: !!!!
Just kiddin', Congratulations on your promotion:hail . cookoo OkieGringo

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron- that is not right, but it does give us an a visual.

Mel- Way to go with the new job, hoping you can get Penn DOT affairs in order during your time between jobs.
I know we will all miss your frequent postings, but I am sure that you will always be there for us with answers to questions and the wonderful postings of articles for our IDIs.

Chris

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...I had no idea that you're a friggin' "Officier":puke: !!!!

Okie,

Thank you. I hide my officership well on this site <clueless :eek: >. When it comes to things that aren't mechanical, I'm much more competent.

Briefed the thesis ("thesis"???) yesterday... now just have to finish writing.

Anyway... don't want to to hijack the thread...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow am I late getting in on this or what! Congrats Mel on the new job!! And the new $$ too!!! ;Sweet
I'm assuming you told them about your prior committments???!!! ;Really We will still be seeing yah in July right? :backoff :angel: :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I got my vacation negotiated right up front. As for your picture Ron, I know you were dying for an excuse to use that one again. At least it's my gut sticking out on the internet and not my last name, like somebody we all know. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
As for your picture Ron, I know you were dying for an excuse to use that one again. At least it's my gut sticking out on the internet and not my last name, like somebody we all know. LOL
;Sweet :D Been holding back on that one for quite some time. Thanks! ;Really
And a big 10-4 there good buddy. :moon:

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:

******, You would probably be amazed how many of us here are or were officers in the US and other Military Forces. I retired with the rank of Lt Col from the Air National Guard. Congradulations Mike, keep going and good luck with the new job Agnem.

akoldnav

Last edited:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
akoldnav said:
******, You would probably be amazed how many of us here are or were officers in the US and other Military Forces. I retired with the rank of Lt Col from the Air National Guard. Congradulations Mike, keep going and good luck with the new job Agnem.

akoldnav

Thank you, sir. Can't complain about the military... it is good life. The ANG is a good way to go, too.

Besides, you guys seem to deploy more than us folks on active duty (strikes me as odd)... :)