The End of an Era

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Hey Mel, I didn't find the word "work", just "job";Sweet . There's a difference ya know:D . Will the increase in pay compensate ya enough for the added commute cost? At least with the added distance the engine will get hot enough to burn out the condensation and make less sludge in there. I had to "change careers" in mid-life and found it to be great and better overall. I love learning new things and new challenges. I'm sure that you'll find it so also. Have fun and kick ass at new "JOB"LOL . OkieGringo

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel,
Condolences and Congradulations all in the same day.
So, is your commute now clser to an hour each way?
Good luck with your new endeavor; keep us posted as you have time.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Hey Mel
Congradulations on the new job. I'm sure you'll find ways to post, even if it is not as much. So, when is the Red Lobster celebration???
John

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Hmmmm, somehow I doubt that the origional commute was 2 minutes and the new one is four :( but congragidolances!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wondered if the offer came through for you. Congrats on getting more coin, granted you have to work now. :rotflmao
:rotflmao :rotflmao Nice call Joe. ;Sweet
Mel. goods to hear things came thru for ya. Was gonna dime ya up to see if so but got to to thinking that today was the day.
Good luck on the new gig and when PENNDOT comess thru enjoy the 6.9L music. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I'll give that some thought, and post a new event on the BOOB. As for the other questions, the job is still in I.T. I'll be managing about 80 Windows servers, half in Malvern, and the rest in other locations around the country. The commute is an hour and 10 min each way. Not as short as my last one, but not the longest I've had either. I'll probably need to keep the Ranger (MiniMoose) and the MooseStang in commuter service to spread the load. Thanks for the support! :D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Agnem said:
The commute is an hour and 10 min each way. Not as short as my last one, but not the longest I've had either.

that includes One hour each way to get out of the drive way 10 min to get to the job :rotflmao . Sorry Mel I could not help it, but I'm still very happy with the way thing turned up. :thumbsup:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your job... I know how that goes, as I was pressed regarding the military's planned drawdown, but received good news last week that I have a job for a few more years, anyway (made promotion to Major.)

I hope that you and your wife will eventually be able to enjoy your life together in your new home, and will be able to stick with the IDI lifestyle.

Best of Luck in your new job!!! More pay = more money to spend on your IDI hobby (and fuel to get to your new job... grrrrrr...)

Mike

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Congrats Mel but I'm with Gruss on this one spend all day answering posts and company goes belly up Good luck with the new job

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Glad the new job turned up, Mel. I can sympathize with the new job cutting into posting time. When I went to teaching all but one P.E. class this year I can't sit at my desk on Oilburners while the class is working on worksheets or other bookwork. :D Oh, the trade offs. LOL

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that era has ended, and

Mel

To quote one of my heros...

"We're all in this together boys, remember, I'm pullin' for ya, so keep your stick on the ice"...(Red/Green)

Condolences, and Congrat's...

I know these things always have a way of workin' out...

Don :)

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW

Mel, I have been away am trying to catch up. Wow, :D That is some heavy and exciting news. I'm sure that the excitement of a new career should keep you going for quite awhile. At least now you can enjoy time with your vehicle more, Eh???? ;Sweet

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
that includes One hour each way to get out of the drive way 10 min to get to the job :rotflmao . Sorry Mel I could not help it, but I'm still very happy with the way thing turned up. :thumbsup:

Jeez, and I thought my driveway had it bad :rotflmao

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Mel,
You'll be fine. I was laid off after 16.5 years at the same job. That was 10 years ago. For me the new job is better. As for the increased drive, mine went from a bike ride in the summer to a 120 mile round trip. I must be stupid because I'm running the IDI to work while leaving a Honda in the barn. cookoo
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online

No members online now.