The dying clutch

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I read the FAQ and checked my firewall and all is good. I still only have about 3in of clutch at the floor... except when it is 70+ like the past few days I have all my normal clutch. When my truck is warm I have all the pedal and when its cold I have little. I was going to get a Slave for it and see what happens. :dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
we chased this problem since we bought my dads 90 in 93, got it finally fixed a few months ago. Somewhere somehow there was air in the system and the way we were able to fix it was with a Pheonix bleader. Works SWEET when you figure out how to use it. But its a $400+ tool.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I am having this problem. The other week, I started to hear this weird sound from under the truck when I put the clutch in, kinda sounded like you could here the clutch fluid moving really loudly or something. When I left school today, my clutch pedal became very weird. I first noticed something wrong when I pushed the pedal in and tried getting into 1st gear, it was harder than normal, and I had to put the shifter back in neutral and then force it up into 1st to get it in. Then it got even weirder when I went and left, my pedal was all the way to the floor and it seems I moved my foot only like half an inch and the clutch started ingauging. And then I took my foot off of the clutch pedal the and pedal just stayed there, it didnt rebound to were it normally is. I actually had to use my foot and force up the pedal, although it didnt take much force to do it.

Now when I got home I stopped to get a package at our gate, and I tried getting the truck into 1st gear again, and this time it took me like 30 seconds to get it in. Then I stopped at the house and shut my truck down, and I tried to get my truck into neutral, and it wont come out of 1st gear at all. I dont want to put all my strength into it and break it you know.

I'm at a loss here, what the heck is wrong. It kinda sounded like what was happening to 84TD.

I think that my truck isnt liking the fact that I'm going to turbo it. The last couple days its been giving me some fits, like I left for lunch the other day, and my front tank I believe was empty because I started it up, and put my backpack in the bed, and my truck began to stumble a little bit. I jumped back in my truck as quick as I could and switched to the rear tank which was full. My truck with giving it no throttle was idleing up to 1000rpm's, and then back down to 700, and up and down quite fast. But above 1300 rpm's it cleared up. After a minute or two of reving my truck up to 1300 rpm's it went away. The dark side is calling me right now...

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Guy... Did you ever figure your clutch issue out?

I replaced my slave and its better but every once in a while I get a really soft pedal. I bled it in every way. Truck tilted up, truck tilted down, on the truck off the truck but I think I still have air in there. I am hoping over time it will fix it self. (hope full)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert