The Classic Diesel Designs' Race Truck

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has my rock crawler C4 right now to work his magic on, and I have to run up and pick it up at some point. Can drop off your core if you need it.

So can I ask how and why an automatitic crawls better than a manual???
Posed this question elsewhere and all I get is "I am a we3nie and cannot drive 3 pedals"
Or
"It doubles the tourque"

I run 23 odd gears with a clutch, and do not get the new "build it with an auto" trend so far.

I didn’t say it was better, it’s just what I prefer having wheeled both. Running an Atlas 4 doubler and reverse manual valve body in the C4 so I have plenty of gearing options too. I like the precision and predictability of an auto when I am in a bad spot and need to fix myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackNoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has my rock crawler C4 right now to work his magic on, and I have to run up and pick it up at some point. Can drop off your core if you need it.

So can I ask how and why an automatitic crawls better than a manual???
Posed this question elsewhere and all I get is "I am a we3nie and cannot drive 3 pedals"
Or
"It doubles the tourque"

I run 23 odd gears with a clutch, and do not get the new "build it with an auto" trend so far.

I wouldn't say it's "better", being the right manual is bulletproof, but an auto gives you almost an infinitely low 1st gear. The control and torque available as low as you want makes it pretty nice and gives you good control in tricky situations.
Doing that produces heat, which could burn it up, so the auto has its downfalls, but you can do the same in a manual... Slipping the clutch the whole time.

Better? Maybe. Maybe not. It comes down to preference.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not knockin the system....
I'm curious as my new junk is at 225:1 at The ground, I rarley use the brakes.
But driveline length with a doubler gets tight when ya add 14" ish extra length with the slushbox.
Trends are cyclic, I wheel rubicon on 31" at175:1. everything is 40" + these days...
I pussed out and ran a 37" at 2 25:1 this year, way to easy.
All manual geartrains doubled and locked.
Disclaimer... CoN is a cakewalk compared to fordyce.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs any bullnose parts let me know. A lot of this is going to be stripped soon and if anyone can use some of these parts I’d be happy to package them up for y’all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online