thanks for scarin the crap outta me!!

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well yesterday I ran out of things to do...chewed the starter gear off the mower so couldnt finish cuttin grass....

SO...

I decided since I had the fuel and the filter to go ahead and change it...

I gingerly removed the old rusted on filter with a monster pair of channel locks..(thankyou ford for putting the AC compressor RIGHT in the dam way!!)

dumped fuel all over the engine trying NOT to dump fuel all over the engine...oh..and it had been sitin for about 2hrs so it was all still good and HOT!...

dumped what remained in the filter into my burn-fuel jug (campfires)..then snaked the new filter (lubed with fresh fuel on the O-ring)...got it sitting almost in place...got the flexi-funnel and filled it..(spillin a little on the already covered engine)...

stood on my head...held my tounge to the left between my teeth...and managed to get the filter to screw on....

then came the fun part...how to tighten it??....big plyers...again upside down...tounge to the left...about 3/4 a turn...

musta been enough....got in...hit the key and it fired right up!!
no leaks!!

let'er run for about 10min...hit the throttle a few times...seemed to not have sucked any air (at least not enough for me to notice....)

got up today...fired right up..hummin along all the way to work..

Oh...and the oil is right where is supposed to be...ME THINKS the old oil filter was a little loose..cus now she doesnt leave her mark everywhere she parks!!

Thanks for the scare...I thought it was gonna turn into one of those "YOU DID THAT ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON????...the parts stores were closed dude..you shoulda known better!!" kinda things....it was easy as bakin biscuts!!:thumbsup:

oh...cut the old filter apart...not too bad...little bit of crud..and some gasket flash (very very small..wonder where it came from?)...but pretty good. for almost bein RUSTED THROUGH!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should change that puppy once a year. Obviously something the PO didn't know. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.