Tempted by Newer Truck

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday Gang,
I sit here having stayed home with the flu. However that isn't my true torment right now. An old friend of mine has offered me a good deal on his 2006 F-250 King Ranch 4x4 6.0. It is all stock with 170,000mi. Well taken care of, first owner being a Ford service manager. My torture is that I would need to sell my old girl Lil. I have spent hours and spilled much blood, sweat and even some tears over the years we have spent together. She has become a part of me. On the flip side, I am growing a bit tired of working on her and my wife has been for a while. I have a lot of other projects she has kept me from finishing. More so we have some trips coming up with motorcycles and our travel trailer. A newer truck that is quieter inside, can keep up with traffic, while getting better mileage and have luxury the old one will never dream of is hard to pass up.
If I decide to take the plunge what do you all think Lil would be worth?
1987 F-350 6.9 4x4 C6 Old style Banks Turbo 4in exhaust good tires. Straight body with no rust, interior in good shape.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's purdy I can see your dilemma it's a shame you can't have both. I'm kind of going in the opposite direction as you, I'm in the finishing stages of restoring a '06 F350 6.0, and just bought a '91 7.3 N/A for my next project. The 6.0 is an awesome motor, to me the 05-07 super dutys are the sweet spot between a modern, powerful truck and something you can afford to have worked on and can understand enough to work on yourself.

That said, I'm just captivated by the simplicity of the IDI. After spending the better part of a year learning the 6 it's nice not to have to revisit the equivalent of FICM, IPR, ICP, EGR, PCM, etc, etc. I'm glad I can have both cause yeah it would be a torment to decide. Good luck whatever you choose!

My 6.0....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.