TECH 101 TIming tape and timing!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K first attempt at video, now this being a cell phone I'm not able to get down and manually focus, I had Guy take video while I revved and fired timing light. It just isn't showing this as well as I'd hoped but with yer natural eye you can really see it quite well. Like using a strobe light to stop a running fan.

I don't think the camera likes the strobe effect.

Trust me when I say you can clearly see the timing marks and see them lining up.

This tape works and works well. Guy was quite impressed with this setup!

http://youtu.be/gL8emwHFoVU

I will continue to see about a better video, maybe I'll have to cut a wedge to fit throttle and hold throttle open so I can use camera in one hand and timing light in the other.

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...update!

Mblaney sent me a sticker like this here, along with some needed parts THANKS BTW!

Just because I have too much time on my hands... A commercial printer could do a much nicer job (resolution) and add color but this site would have to order those. I don't even know if this site has a store :confused: I have to check... maybe a tee shirt?

You must be registered for see images attach

Gandalf - the labels (mine and Al's) are peel-off stick with a laminated top. We use these for putting asset and calibration labels on all kinds of equipment. They are very durable if you get the surface clean first. Not sure if they would last 20 years though...

Thus I've not had opportunity to install it yet, I did do this pic of it to show how it would look in comparison to the ones I have already!

I'm thinking these are golden, and as said before the only stickers that add real power to yer truck!

Al

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I will have to print some more! I will be on vacation for the next week, I can print a bunch after that. It would be easier for me to send someone a batch to dole out (State-side, etc). I will be shipping some parts to the States when I get back, I could send some out then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online