TECH 101 engine chuff/ valve breaks POST MORTEM

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That will buff out... Al, I believe I'm the only member here thats actually running an engine that threw a rod. Don't know how it happened cause I bought the engine that way. Found the broken rod still around the crank so the oil pressure never failed. but the rod nicked the oil pan and chipped off a very small piece of the bottom cylinder. I sleeved that block and its no problem. I have pics of the chip somewhere but thats my running engine now with all the machine work I have done to it. Your probably correct that the extra material between the piston and the head caused the cylinder wall to crack. Usually the rod sticks out the side of the engine when it can't make it to the top of the stroke. Or the rod bends or piston breaks. Lots of ways they come apart. Nice clear pics too. Thanks..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Oooooo, DANG, Al. Those are some mighty ugly visuals, but worth it if they'll get guys with chuffers to park 'em and fix 'em! BTW.........

My head's coming off this weekend, for sure. My chuff and miss were minor, but they DID start soon after installing and running reconditioned heads.

Started my own thread for what I find: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?67394-My-Adventures-in-CHUFFland

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin