Talk With Banks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today I called Banks because I needed the exhaust crossover pipes. Mine cracked from all that big new horsepower I'm making....:D Anyway I told the sales person how I felt about them not selling the Sidewinder kit for our motors.... He told me that was big news to him. Seems they are still selling the complete kits. He asked me where I herd of this so I told him about us. It was very clear at the end of our conversation that they still sell the kits for our motors. So, now who was it that started this information about Banks discontinuing the IDI Sidewinder kit and who told them. It needs to be investigated so misinformation doesn't get spread around. Thanks guys and others.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to throw a wrench into this but I too noticed that the kits are still for sale. I do not know however if they are still making the kits. Could be selling what's left. But perhaps your conversation addressed this also.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That "bankspower" dude is who I heard it from on TDS, as you can read in the above link. Who knows, that guy has a Banks email, but he may be way off with that info. Maybe just trying to scare people into buying some kits before the end of the year so he can meat a quota or something.:dunno :backoff

I hope that he was/is wrong about Banks not selling the IDI kit anymore. I know I'll need another turbo/turbo parts in the future.

Heath

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i emailed banks customer service about a month ago and i got and email a phone call and a letter from three different people saying that the turbo kit itself will not be manufactured after December but parts will be available for a while. so i bet that they did stop making them but are selling the ones that they have left.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.... Sorry guys. I just returned from Banks and spoke with the author of the original posting. He told me something even worse than all of this. He (that is Jbarker) said that Banks will not be selling anything for the 6.9 or 7.3 after Jan. 1st. They even wont be selling anything for the chevy 6.2 or 6.5 motors. What they will do is still warranty what you have for a 5 year time start from when you bought what you have. They will only replace under warranty those parts that fail. They WILLNOT BE SELLING PARTS FOR ANYTHING 7.3 - 6.9 or 6.2 - 6.5. So if you have something you need or want buy it before Jan. 1st or be without it. Sure, other places can rebuilt your turbo but what about crossover pipes like what I just bought. Nope, he told me if I came in Jan. 1st I would have been outa luck. So maybe its time to buy some air filters and maybe the housing for that. Plus what about all those brackets or the cast iron manifold that everything mounts to??? Tis a bad Christmas thats for sure.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
|stupid i spoke with them about a month ago, they are still selling kits, but when there gone- key parts only- in stock, no more kits for our IDI's, not enough volume. thats why i'm getting a hypermax
chris

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i was told that parts will be avible for years here is the email
Mike,

Yes we will discontinu prodcution on this kit on December 2007
Parts for it will be available for the next 10 years

Any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to call or email me

Thanks

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
Nope.... Sorry guys. I just returned from Banks and spoke with the author of the original posting. He told me something even worse than all of this. He (that is Jbarker) said that Banks will not be selling anything for the 6.9 or 7.3 after Jan. 1st. They even wont be selling anything for the chevy 6.2 or 6.5 motors. What they will do is still warranty what you have for a 5 year time start from when you bought what you have. They will only replace under warranty those parts that fail. They WILLNOT BE SELLING PARTS FOR ANYTHING 7.3 - 6.9 or 6.2 - 6.5. So if you have something you need or want buy it before Jan. 1st or be without it. Sure, other places can rebuilt your turbo but what about crossover pipes like what I just bought. Nope, he told me if I came in Jan. 1st I would have been outa luck. So maybe its time to buy some air filters and maybe the housing for that. Plus what about all those brackets or the cast iron manifold that everything mounts to??? Tis a bad Christmas thats for sure.

i dont belive that it just makes no sense what about the parts that they have in stock? they just gong to throw them away. and if there making parts to replace under warantywhy not sell them?:confused:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This really sounds more and more like the DMV. Everybody making statements that sound good to them at Banks. I will be buying some air filters and probably everything but the TE06H turbo. I have a spare of those that needs a rebuild from running way too long with a bad head gasket. Some of you may remember about 2 1/2 years ago I was driving 32 miles to work and home when it took 6 gallons of water to make the round trip of 32 miles. That cylinder was sure clean when I opened up that motor....:D Travis said I was a braver man then him for driving it that long loosing that much water.:dunno

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first experience with a 7.3 was a water burner, 33 gallons to go 85 miles, when it stopped steaming I filled it up.

It really sucks for banks not to support something they have sold for so long but I guess there is more money in electronic trucks than in something that actually will last a while. I am kinda biased tho.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont really get why there doing it. They could just cut back on how many they make a month, and continue to sell them. They will still make a profit doing that. Hopefully they will have a bunch of parts left over so you guys with banks turbo's can get replacement parts.

And Russ did my turbo ship today?

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i can see banks not making kits anymore becuase if you think about it how many new turbo kits do they actually sell now i would say not many to almost none and if there not turning a profit then i can see not making complete turbo kits but not making parts for something that is on alot of trucks just makes no sense

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of us actually buy new turbo kits? We have IDI's because we are cheap ********, and are buying used kits off eBay because we are cheap ********.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I think Mr.Roboto hit the nail on the head....That's pretty much why I got my IDI, cheap, cheap, cheap to own and run compared to a PSD or the big C.;Sweet ....If I want a turbo then in goes the PSD I have in my garage....I'd gain more HP than the Banks kit could offer my IDI and I'd have the potential for much more on top of that.:dunno....A little bit of wiring and presto - 225HP and 425ftlbs stock.....But like I said, I'm a cheap SOB and I have a spare IDI as well.....The PSD is for sale....I wouldn't trade 7.3 IDI N/A reliability for a little more PSD HP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online