T/C lock-up & OD switch E4OD

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my truck was cold and I was driving at 30 mph. I pressed the OD on/off button on the shift stalk to keep it from shifting into 4th so it would warm up a little quicker and not lug. I was in 3rd gear and when I pushed the button in the rpm/s went up a little bit - maybe a couple hundred - definitely not enough to have been a 3 - 2 downshift (which I think the switch won't do anyway...) I did this a few times and it was consistent. After the truck warmed up, however, in 3rd gear pushing the switch made no difference. The truck is a 93 IDI NA E4OD with a "Transcommand" module thingy. Else, stock. Any ideas?? Thanks. Andy

sootman73

Reaction score
what type of transcommand do you have? if its the banks one it wont cause any interference with the Tc lockup or the overdrive gear selection. i had a similar problem after i put a new TC in. it turns out i didn't have the plug seated in the harness at the tranny. no TC lockup and no overdrive. started out in third too! if not that you might have problems with the solenoid pack in the tranny that controls the shifting(and lockup) of everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726